Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,706 times)

Kailem

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 10, 2020, 02:41:01 AM
Just bumped into RidgeTop and Kailem on Hunting Grounds.

My buddy was like "probably talking about how much I suck", nah they're probably gonna joke about how much I sucked. It was great running a match with you guys.  ;D

Well I don't recall us losing any of the matches we played that night and blaming anyone we played with for it, so I can confirm that we weren't!  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Oct 11, 2020, 02:50:02 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 10, 2020, 02:41:01 AM
Just bumped into RidgeTop and Kailem on Hunting Grounds.

My buddy was like "probably talking about how much I suck", nah they're probably gonna joke about how much I sucked. It was great running a match with you guys.  ;D

Well I don't recall us losing any of the matches we played that night and blaming anyone we played with for it, so I can confirm that we weren't!  :laugh:

Uh, those were drunken Predators you played, so...

;)

Kailem

Sounds like, as usual, the new patch broke things again. I'm seeing a lot of posts on Illfonic's forums about Predators crashing after being parried and that joining private matches resets your loadouts.

At least they're consistent!  :P

Samhain13

Quote from: Kailem on Oct 29, 2020, 08:38:13 PM
Sounds like, as usual, the new patch broke things again. I'm seeing a lot of posts on Illfonic's forums about Predators crashing after being parried and that joining private matches resets your loadouts.

At least they're consistent!  :P

Specializations weren't enough for the Fireteam, now they have the ability to parry the Predator back to lobby.

Mr.Turok

I think one of the issues is they don't test play their games, or they are bad at it and therefore think Fireteam needs buffs to win but in reality they aren't skilled enough to understand how a skilled Fireteam can really wipe Predator blood off the face of the map. I remember one of the devs on twitter mentioning that they haven't even played Predator in a while so that was kind of alarming. I need to look for that one but that isn't a good sign if this is the case.

One thing that would help greatly is if Predators also have class specializations. If you go to each of the species loadout options, they have "default" under each slot, with Fireteam obviously having their specialization options. Predators don't but it seems like the option to add one in the future is there. I hope thats the case cuz it would help make the classes very diverse in gameplay as well.

Voodoo Magic

Based on the strength of Hunting Grounds, I would wager the devs are onto their next game and most of the Predator updates have been handed off to a secondary unit.

Alas, Predator specializations would indeed be cool!

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 30, 2020, 12:25:26 PM
Based on the strength of Hunting Grounds, I would wager the devs are onto their next game and most of the Predator updates have been handed off to a secondary unit.

Secondary unit.........(flashes back to development of Aliens Colonial Marines)..........dude if thats the case I'm honestly slightly terrified. The passion of the main team woun't be 100% there and last thing we need is that.

bendinglight

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 30, 2020, 04:25:42 AM
I remember one of the devs on twitter mentioning that they haven't even played Predator in a while so that was kind of alarming. I need to look for that one but that isn't a good sign if this is the case.

I ran into a dev Predator the other week - ran an Elder with downrange then proceeded to plasma spam most of the match.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 31, 2020, 12:05:22 AM

Secondary unit.........(flashes back to development of Aliens Colonial Marines)..........dude if thats the case I'm honestly slightly terrified. The passion of the main team woun't be 100% there and last thing we need is that.

Since the Alpha release, it feels like something changed, quality control went down, so it's just a guess of mine. :-\

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 04, 2020, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 31, 2020, 12:05:22 AM

Since the Alpha release, it feels like something changed, quality control went down, so it's just a guess of mine. :-\

That's because each new patch also brings in new unpredictable bugs. Now when a Pred attacks close combat and a Fireteam blocks it, goodbye game, hello blue screen of death!!! It happened a couple of times for me now to notice its actually very annoying. Its like Illfonic takes three steps forward, they go two steps back.

I seriously wonder if they even have play testers as not only there is new bugs that ruin gameplay flow with every patch but balancing seems to shift to Fireteam's favor too much. And I say this as a Fireteam main. I'm all for a challenge but putting a Predator in second wind under five seconds by a single Fireteam is actually a problem. These new specialization options also stack damage with whatever perks you have so you can totally melt a Predator if you don't move even more quickly enough than previously before. It says alot if I always recommend the Adrenaline Boost for stamina recovery in every build cuz if you aren't moving you are already dead. Additionally, it would help if there was also Specialization options for Predator to even out the new power scale in the NEXT PATCH soon.

At this point, these issues need to get resolved as the playerbase is starting to get really angry, and this time its a bit more justified.

Samhain13

This last one was like one step forward and three steps back.

Didn't fix any previous bugs, brought new ones, made the game more unbalaced but hey the new predator skins were cool.  :P

bendinglight

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 05, 2020, 11:14:01 AM
This last one was like one step forward and three steps back.

Didn't fix any previous bugs, brought new ones, made the game more unbalaced but hey the new predator skins were cool.  :P

haha - it's all about the skins to customize :/

I agree with the balance statement made by Mr. Turok - a mediocre FT can either melt or keep a good Predator at bay with the specializations and damage increases. And not to mention that already powerful FT squads (that use Discord and train on a consistent basis) are now damn near unbeatable because one minor mistake as Predator and you're toast whereas FT can make multiple mistakes and still win with relative ease.

I get this game is geared towards casual gamers since that is where the money is but Illfonic is turning off the dedicated player base after each patch/DLC.

molasar

PS5 backward compatibility testing

https://youtu.be/etiSHm7raTo?t=136

Kailem

Still only 30fps? That's a little disappointing. Though I'll certainly take that over the current framerate in Clash, which feels like it drops down to 10 or 15 at times.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed