Colonial Marines in PC Gamer

Started by ikarop, Jul 02, 2011, 02:48:06 PM

Author
Colonial Marines in PC Gamer (Read 29,803 times)

Nutlink

Nutlink

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jul 02, 2011, 05:22:40 PM
Even having similar classed vessels would be hard to explain since its 57-60 years since ALIEN.

Not really.  In today's aviation the DC-9 first flew in 1965, yet Northwest Airlines still had them in their fleet when they were picked up by Delta (not the originals, but updated models) when I worked for them in 2009.  A lot of airlines run aircraft that are 20 years old.  With the US Navy we had the USS Kitty Hawk which was around from 1961 to 2009, or the USS Enterprise, which was commissioned in 1961, and is planned for decom in 2013.

It's not hard to believe that even more expensive ships in a space fleet would stay in service even longer with various upgrades here and there.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

True, I suppose they could be updated models of the Nostromo similar class freighters. But the exact same ones floating around wouldn't make much sense. 

Quote from: tacksoap on Jul 03, 2011, 12:58:43 AM
crusher...huh...interesting aproach, waiting for fox to intervine bitching about how they own the series and totally f**k it up like theyve been doing since 1992,

and i guesse people play the voices of the aliens in the game, check out this link i was looking to see if lance henrikson was up to anything cool and saw colonial marines at the top of the list and saw in the cast details there are voice actors for the aliens.......

wonder how this will turn out
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1277125/fullcredits#cast

Sound effects. They do this sort of thing all the time. You should look at what other work those people have done. Plus it could potentially be for multiplayer when playing as the Xenos and say voice commands are issued or something like that.

HicksLives!

HicksLives!

WTF? Visit the Nostromo? They better have a time machine or something, because IT IS GONE!!!

Xhan

Xhan

meh.

It is nice to have previewer who mostly knows what the f**k they are talking about.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Narcissus maybe?  Or jockey ship?

If the Nostromo comes back Ima wtf for serious.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

It looks like some guns will have addable silencers/suppressors judging by the pistol the Marine is holding in the picture where they are welding the door shut.

SpreadEagleBeagle

:(

Maaan.... looks sweet, but it sounds like this game is going to be another bug hunt. I'm getting a bad Zombie Survival game vibe here for some reason. The Aliens are short/small and seem to be weak so to speak and the emphasized danger here seems to be on mini-bosses and such so that the everyday warrior can act as cannon fodder.

Brother

Brother

That's a valid point, all the previews mention loads and loads of xenos, so one or two alone won't be much of a threat, hate to see that happening to a killing machine.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

I heard somewhere main parts of the ship survived the blast. Dont know how but the main explosions we see are the cargo and engines. This is loose information so don't quote me on it

belikel

belikel

Had such high hopes for the game. But after seeing this crusher... meh :-\ Why can't they just stick to the canon versions?! As if chet wasn't horrible enough >:(

Vertigo

Vertigo

Did we already know about the contracting of Syd Mead to design the interiors, and the hiring of two Battlestar Galactica senior writers? And apparently there will be gameplay systems to represent every bit of equipment we see the marines using in Aliens. Combine that with a pretty engine which looks nothing like Unreal Tech 3, and it sounds like a seriously promising title...

As for the Nostromo, I'm betting on either a multiplayer map, or the Nostromo's class of freighter making an appearance in the game (like the Ferarco in AvP '99). Perhaps as a derelict, or something like that.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Brother on Jul 03, 2011, 08:16:10 AM
That's a valid point, all the previews mention loads and loads of xenos, so one or two alone won't be much of a threat, hate to see that happening to a killing machine.
I dunno some dev said even a single xeno is a big threat.

Brother

Brother

And it should be that way. Fewer hard to kill rather than loads of easy ones.

newbeing

newbeing

Hopefully they'll have a nightmare difficulty that will greatly up the damage resistance on the Aliens.

I can see what you guys are saying, but there has to be some difficulty curve for newcomers.

Corporal Hicks

Mostly just the same information from E3 but there was something about the enthusiasm of the writer. Made me happy and excited to. Some fantastic screenshots there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed