Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 676,193 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: jimmylace on Jan 03, 2008, 03:15:47 AMIt didnt feel anywhere near as cheap as Requiem did.

That's because it wasn't.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

AVP had a bigger budget and a experienced director, zero excuses in other words!

Sure AVP had a creative ideas, but that doesn't matter because it was kind of boring at times, but since I'm such a fan of these two creatures, seeing them two both on screen is just so cool to watch. So in other words it's hard not to have a good time.

AVP was eye candy at best, the characters were so cardboard! lol, you knew nothing about them, nothing at all. The movie didn't have enough action scenes too and some of the characters didn't even have lines lol. They just stood there to die. When I saw this movie in theaters, there wasn't one moment people were reacting to anything, they should stood there with a confused look lol, and I saw two people leave.

It was painful to watch at times because of the pace/editing of the film, it didn't flow right from scene to scene. Especially when someone very violent was happening, it would cut away so on purpose so you didn't see any human blood and gore lol? ::)

Entertaining, but thats as far as it goes. If it wasn't because it was about Aliens and Predators and it had great special effects I would rip on this movie all day, but thats very unnecessary. I'll leave all the bitching and crying for SiL to do.

AVP-R had a fast pace, straight to the point hardcore action! Theres a crisis and things are happening fast! Everything was moving along, it never got boring and at times it would slow down to build up tension for a moment and I liked the fact it was more about the Aliens and Predators and less about the human characters. Even though the film didn't have a lot of character development I still learned more about them than the characters in AVP.

You could in see in AVP-R some of the characters had a history together and it was very story telling at times. Kind of like when the little girl and the bed time story thing, and how the cop liked Dallas a lot but he was just a guy who would make bad choices and he would be forced to always bust him.

The score was perfect too, Brian Tyler nailed it! It helped the film a lot. Also the fact AVP-R was rated R and much more bloody made it more fun too, because you didn't get those werid cliche cut aways anymore when something violent happened, they showed it all, which was a huge plus!

I can keep going on and on about this. AVP-R is much better and much more fun! Also the fact that it had a smaller budget than AVP and it was still better, has my respect.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

hey was were the budgets for the films (both avp and avpr)???????????

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Anderson made his Salerno-revised AVP script on $60 million. The Brothers Strause made this film on a $40 million budget.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I actually think Salerno made Anderson's script even worse. I wish I could read Anderson's original script.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Supposedly, the novelization has the basic elements of Anderson's script. If I remember right the original script has a part with hundreds of facehuggers crawling around, uses 5 Predators instead of 3, included a part where a Predator is forcibly facehugged, and a final battle between a Predalien and Scar.

I might be wrong on one of those, but that's what I remember reading from people who know details on the novel and/or script.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I own the novel, and it has basically the same elements as the film, only with 5 Predators, and one of them gets facehugged.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 03, 2008, 04:55:18 AM
Anderson made his Salerno-revised AVP script on $60 million. The Brothers Strause made this film on a $40 million budget.

oh wow thnx cant imagine what they woudl had done with those extra 20mill  ;D

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 03, 2008, 04:55:18 AM

Correction.

Anderson made AvP for around $45-50 million. Requiem's budget was under $40 million.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

AvP-R was better but I would like to point out that since I am a huge fan I like all Alien, Predator, and AVP movies equally... just some more than others.

_Pred_Alien_

_Pred_Alien_

Quote from: CanadianHero67 on Jan 03, 2008, 05:28:46 AM
AvP-R was better but I would like to point out that since I am a huge fan I like all Alien, Predator, and AVP movies equally... just some more than others.
lol then you couldn't like all films equally could you? ???

I know what you mean it's just that it makes no sense lol  ;)

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Quote from: _Pred_Alien_ on Jan 03, 2008, 05:35:02 AM

You caught me. :D
"To the helicopter"! :D

_Pred_Alien_

_Pred_Alien_

Quote from: CanadianHero67 on Jan 03, 2008, 05:38:05 AM

no you mean "to Gilliam Circle, we'll be safer there"  ;D

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: StealthHunter on Jan 03, 2008, 05:22:29 AM
Correction.

Anderson made AvP for around $45-50 million. Requiem's budget was under $40 million.

Yes, Requiem was under buget upon completion which is what allowed the consideration of the homeworld sequence. But do you have a citation for that AVP quote? Box Office Mojo puts it at 60 mil.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Quote from: _Pred_Alien_ on Jan 03, 2008, 05:39:32 AM
Quote from: CanadianHero67 on Jan 03, 2008, 05:38:05 AM

no you mean "to Gilliam Circle, we'll be safer there"  ;D
"Hell no! I can tell the future" ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed