AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 680,368 times)

S4MSUNG

S4MSUNG

AVP-R just barely though.

Biz

Biz

I am a fan of both, but I think AVP has more issues. I am a big predator fan, and AVP-R had a much cooler Predator.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

I am a big fan and liked both a lot but AVP-R is far better.

Lucian Laurentis

Lucian Laurentis

AvP-R was the better movie to me, I think AvP had a lot of potential and could have been a lot better. Then again AvP-R could have been a lot better. In the end it came down to studio control I believe. Anderson actually had a rather good thing going but the studio made him cut the movie in half. He wanted to film the Queen being injected with hormones that sped up reproduction and gestation. Basically, it would have made a lot more sense. AND it was meant to be rated R.

Fox just doesn't care anymore, I want the old execs back. *sighs*

Firetnk

Firetnk

well I just watched AVP it still is good to me but now that I think more I'm not sure which one I like better. Each movie has better things. AVPR I would like a whole lot better but I just wished the characters were better & that there were National Guard characters that had a major role. I will watch the movies back to back once AVPR is released on dvd. ;D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Slugworth on Jan 06, 2008, 09:41:02 PM
since Shane Salerno had the job of cleaning up after Paul Anderson.

The same guy actually wrote for both films. If they were cleaning up, then it was after their own stuff.

Quote from: Lucian Laurentis on Jan 06, 2008, 11:53:58 PM
Anderson actually had a rather good thing going but the studio made him cut the movie in half. He wanted to film the Queen being injected with hormones that sped up reproduction and gestation.

No evidence has come to light, one way or the other, about that.

QuoteBasically, it would have made a lot more sense. AND it was meant to be rated R.

Never was.

marrerom

marrerom

avp > avp-r in almost every way.....thats why avp-r is the death of the series.

Firetnk

Firetnk

I never heared Anderson wanted to add those scenes. But who knows, like I say everyone knows something that others don't. ;D

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

AVP is better in it's effects, environment, and atmosphere. That's it. Characters and acting for both are mediocre. The creatures are better in AVPR, especially the Predator. AVPR also has the R rating and no team up going for it.

Quote from: Lucian Laurentis on Jan 06, 2008, 11:53:58 PM
He wanted to film the Queen being injected with hormones that sped up reproduction and gestation.

Made up by fans.

Firetnk

Firetnk

ya the Predator does look a lot better. But the Aliens do not look as good as Camerons to me. don't ask me why? They look good. ;D

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Of course they don't look as good. The Aliens haven't looked very good since A3.

marrerom

marrerom

the aliens from avp were better in every way possible when compared to these pathetic strause aliens.

Firetnk

Firetnk

No I think any Alien looks better then ALien Res.. And I think it is better then Alien3 personally. ;D

XENOWARRIOR

XENOWARRIOR

avpr was only good but it was so much better than avp!

post it beya!

Craig

Craig

AVP

Better direction, balance, characters, setting, more creative, better paced etc

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed