20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2016, 08:24:11 AM

Author
20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event (Read 70,672 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 19, 2017, 09:51:53 PM
Does he mention anything about the moving being challenging, cerebral or ambitious like Prometheus? Can you dissect Covenant for hours afterwards? Probably not huh? It's probably going to be a straightforward action-horror film huh?
Prometheus was one of those things, and even that it half-asses.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 19, 2017, 09:56:10 PM
Does he mention anything about the moving being challenging, cerebral or ambitious like Prometheus? Can you dissect Covenant for hours afterwards? Probably not huh? It's probably going to be a straightforward action-horror film huh?

The general gist I got was no, it's more like Aliens in tone and less philosophizing than in Prometheus.

Yeah. Imagine Alien + Aliens Anno Domini 2017.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Jan 19, 2017, 09:52:02 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2017, 08:55:10 PM
I had no idea how many people it was carrying apart from the crew we know about.
It seems the basic courtesy of spoiler tags - or putting a spoiler note on the thread title - is asking too much.
Again, how does this actually spoil anything? Would knowing the exact towing capacity of the Nostromo have spoiled that movie, even if you didn't know beforehand that its refinery actually had ore in it?

Setting the general courtesy principle aside, it changes the potential consequences and outlook for hundreds of people over a dozen or so.

Dunno how ore equates to people get killed by monsters...

echobbase79

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 19, 2017, 09:50:32 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 19, 2017, 09:39:56 PM

Did the 4Chann guy even enjoy the movie?

Spoiler free impressions from the 4Chan Guy:

Quote"Rough cut looked good. Mostly practical stuff, real sets and on location filming. Just like Prometheus. I liked it fine, it was pretty spooky/intense. Cinematography, set design, costumes, and everything looked great. I liked the locale of this film more. The forest setting was more interesting than the dull desert of Prometheus imo

I felt the pacing was a little off, and it moved fast in places but I guess those are my only complaints "

Thanks. That makes me look forward to the movie more.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2017, 10:02:54 PM
Setting the general courtesy principle aside, it changes the potential consequences and outlook for hundreds of people over a dozen or so.

Dunno how ore equates to people get killed by monsters...
Okay, then we'll change it: would knowing the exact number of people at Hadley's Hope spoil Aliens? Did finding out the exact population of Gunnison, Colorado spoil AvP: Requiem?

I really don't see how it's that big of an issue. I'm all for spoiler tags on spoilers, but I don't understand what's been ruined about finding out the crew capacity. It's a colony ship, surely it was obviously going to have more than a dozen people on it?

SM

SM

I don't recall going so far as to say it was "ruined".

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 19, 2017, 09:56:10 PM

The general gist I got was no, it's more like Aliens in tone and less philosophizing than in Prometheus.

Thank you for answering my question.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2017, 10:09:36 PM
I don't recall going so far as to say it was "ruined".
You went so far as to say something was spoiled, which means it's no longer in ideal condition. So ruined was hyperbole, but the point's the same. I don't see how this has fundamentally revealed something that would have been better kept hidden.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 19, 2017, 10:09:47 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 19, 2017, 09:54:50 PM

I didn't think Prometheus was challenging or cerebral (It wanted to be but failed imo) but I'll give you ambitious.

Stop. Stop.
But see, Prometheus wasn't cerebral. It doesn't invite the audience to ask questions, see, it tells them, so --

;D

BishopShouldGo

Prometheus was a delicious, cerebral feast. That's how I took it in as an audience member, and continue to take it in while viewing it in my home. ;D

SiL

SiL

Doesn't take much to nourish the starving.

Spoiler
:P
[close]

BishopShouldGo

It's what I choose to believe. 8)

Pvt. Himmel

Another site reporting on what was shown at recent press event!!!

Of interesting note is:

Spoiler
  New footage was shown to journalists as part of a slate of upcoming Fox films, featuring two scenes and a short trailer centered on Katherine Waterston's character, Daniels. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/alien-covenant-new-footage-ripley-spoilers-neomorph-katherine-waterston-michael-fassbender-a7536076.html   
[close]

Obviously the trailer shown is different than what we got on Xmas day, or that Daniels vid that Hicks had mentioned!!

Necronomicon II

I feel this could very well be a breakout role for Waterston. Also, can I get a discipline award for avoiding spoilers  :P

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 19, 2017, 11:32:19 PM
Another site reporting on what was shown at recent press event!!!

Of interesting note is:

Spoiler
  New footage was shown to journalists as part of a slate of upcoming Fox films, featuring two scenes and a short trailer centered on Katherine Waterston's character, Daniels. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/alien-covenant-new-footage-ripley-spoilers-neomorph-katherine-waterston-michael-fassbender-a7536076.html   
[close]

Obviously the trailer shown is different than what we got on Xmas day, or that Daniels vid that Hicks had mentioned!!

I imagine it is that video that I mentioned earlier.

juxtapose

can someone somehow post that whole article on the footage in a spoiler tag. .my old phone only displays half the article. .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed