Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 209,280 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on May 13, 2020, 10:55:45 PM
I'm wondering what the best possibility is, assuming there are not equally good ones and that reality itself is unchanging.
I'm against the blind-faith thing out of principle, since I don't expect we can know with certainty what truly is, but if you can perceive a clear hypothetical "winner" reality, I think that has merit.
Thoughts?
I got stuck with two equally good and equally likely realities. Is detachment best  ???

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Medication is best

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I wasn't expecting to find a best reality; now I'm wondering why I thought best also meant the one in use.
By medication are you referring to hedonism?
Now what if there's a superior reality and inferior one that are both equally likely to be? Wait or get into science?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I've now decided that I have the right reality understood and that it is the one in place. To the awake, there is no self, only identifiablelessness consciousness. We are unable to know anything regarding past lives and there are no accomplishments great enough to bypass this, either. Love and mystery are far greater appreciated with this structuring. Going forwards, we may get hints of what is to come in another life, but as we don't actually cause it, the burden is not on us to understand. Those that believe other things are said to be dreaming. The entire English language is very apparently of dreams. Evil is not self aware and defaults to always doing something irrelevant. Eternal return was ruled out because sensations can be felt that dont match this system, and also because it's an insult, rotten even, to the good things that have happened to want them again.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 25, 2020, 08:27:18 PM
Medication is best

I don't think your recommendation was heeded.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

So I had an opportunity to watch The passion of the Christ as I've never seen it, but it began with subtitles so I opted out. Saw Heaven is for real and I was right not to have high expectations of it (I read the book first, which was actually a better experience). I've had improbable experiences myself, but I think unexplainable phenomena is just something we don't understand but rationally explainable, or it's real but is intended not to be provable. I've come to not consider it very important. The only way to win is to not get sucked into life's strangeness in the first place.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 30, 2020, 08:49:36 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 25, 2020, 08:27:18 PM
Medication is best

I don't think your recommendation was heeded.
Actually what you were looking at was the result of some horrible prescription I was on.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 31, 2020, 12:11:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf_46kQKYWk
Psychonaut is how I'd describe what I do. Meditation takes me...places.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Has anyone ever had an interest in eschatology? Basically that's the destiny of humans or end outcome.

I was thinking we exist forever, although you can lose everything you know and that is enough to make you not the same person.

Except for what is permanent, there is no certainty of anything.

About freewill, I believe regardless if it can be defined, or aproximated and simulated, that when compared to simply accepting perception of freewill, no freewill, and everything inbetween, that even if one showed a better quality of life over an amount of time, with more time, the other would equal or exceed the other, and this could keep changing without answer or pattern. The question of having freewill or not, and which is better, is irrelevant, but knowing you can't do better than happenstance seems good to me.

One last thing I want to talk about is what I call the "continuation fantasy," and that is what it sounds like, dying but not losing it all. Specifically, this is regarding how you would handle a nuanced moral dilemma. There will be situations that you can't absolutely alter or prevent from presenting again, but, a finite amount of suffering from you may spare others from finite suffering and may lead to a good outcome or reward, if nothing else, it did spare others pain. But, in the context of forever, and no lessening to the frequency of this occurrence, and of continuation, would it effect your willingness to keep making the same choice? And the other interpretation, which just finds even engaging in undesirable situations undesirable, and it is felt there is a non negligable chance engaging them will result in experiencing more of them, so you wouldn't suffer for others.

Just thoughts I had when taking a walk today.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Oct 11, 2020, 01:29:57 AM
Psychonaut is how I'd describe what I do.

Yeah I read Carrol too. I do not wish to offend, but you frequently come across as maybe having pushed that too far?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I'm surprised considering how little I participate on this site that anyone could describe anything I do as frequent. I mean does anyone really see themselves? Hopefully it's not that bad.

________
I was contemplating eternal return again, and how it can never be known to be or not to be. The meaningful thing to do  in response is to ask, what is perfection? I heard a theory we don't perceive reality. I didn't pay attention to the details, but had a thought that perhaps neutrality is better than pain or pleasure. Maybe pleasure is a deceptive pain, in addition to sometimes causing normal pain. Being nothingness isn't valid, so passage of time/existence is necessary, but the goal is to avoid the two. The advantage neutrality has, in addition to not being the questionable unknown pleasure is, is that it is not specific, so occam's razor. Less conditional, more elegant. If animals don't have rationality, humans don't have neutrality. Pleasure may be a dead end.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

These are supposed to be biblically accurate angels, without the whole artistic romantization. I see them as mythological beings, and I am glad of that cos seriously, they look like Lovecraftian monsters.  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 12, 2021, 12:48:47 AM
without the whole artistic romantization

That's exactly what this is though

SiL

SiL

Isn't this just "If Biblical angels were drawn like Evangelion angels"?

I'm here for it, but still, there's plenty of artistic romanticisation there.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Well, the seraph surely looks less romantic than this  :laugh:

And while one can see the ophanim, I am missing the cherub there.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed