"Predators" Prequel/Adaptation/Sequel comics

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 12, 2010, 05:20:07 PM

Author
"Predators" Prequel/Adaptation/Sequel comics (Read 92,097 times)

RakaiThwei

These are the Super Predators they are fighting in these comics, right?

I mean, we're seeing Diablo Predator on the covers... you'd think they'd draw the BSPs.

-Rakai'Thwei

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2010, 07:46:14 AM
You'd get the impression this was Nolan's story but Royce is in it...
...that entire plot description makes no friggin' sense to me.

Royce and Noland team up before Predators? Against Predators? What?

i'm not so sure

QuoteDavid Lapham writes backups featuring Adrien Brody's cold-blooded killer from the film!
makes it sound like it is telling Royce's story separately, but within the same issues. perhaps in a juxtapositional way?

QuoteThese are the Super Predators they are fighting in these comics, right?

I mean, we're seeing Diablo Predator on the covers... you'd think they'd draw the BSPs.

-Rakai'Thwei

it doesn't mention "new predators" until the last issue's blurb.

ArwingAssultX

I hope they make alot of Predy comics for the movie.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Mar 16, 2010, 10:39:06 AM

I agree with Sil, already I'm confused as hell and not necessarily so keen on these comics.

I mean I know alot of comic adaptations and prequels and sequels take ALOT of liberties and intently get things wrong to prevent spoilers from the movie. I mean look at the comic prequel and adaptation of Michael Bay's Transformers, alot of things were different from the movie to prevent spoilers. Maybe thats the case here.

-Rakai'Thwei

Xeno

These comics got two stories: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, which may be about Nolan, since he is on the cover. And a backup feature A PREDATORY LIFE which is about Royce.

Some quotes:
QuoteDL: Mine is about the best and coolest and...well most kick ass of all the characters. My character can beat up their characters.

There's a reason all of our characters end up in the position they find themselves in, in the film. My character is a mercenary and he's extremely morally questionable, even for a mercenary. That helps him in his occupation in the prequel but whether he can adapt and evolve from that that will determine if he survives in the film. [...]

Look for PREDATORS: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE (a four issue miniseries) written by Marc Andreyko, art by Guilherme Balbi covers by Paul Lee on sale every week in June. This miniseries has a back-up feature A PREDATORY LIFE written by David Lapham with art by Gabriel Guzman.

And from the description of the comics:
QuoteDavid Lapham writes backups featuring Adrien Brody's cold-blooded killer from the film!

There is nothing confusing. Paul Lee just draw both of them on the covers, because there are (separate) stories about Nolan and Royce in these issues.

XenoVC

Quote from: SiL on Mar 16, 2010, 10:39:06 AM

Yeah.... ???

I'm interested in exactly where this series thinks it's going.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteLook for PREDATORS: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE (a four issue miniseries) written by Marc Andreyko, art by Guilherme Balbi covers by Paul Lee on sale every week in June. This miniseries has a back-up feature A PREDATORY LIFE written by David Lapham with art by Gabriel Guzman.

There we are then. Easily explained.  :)

vikingspawn

More comics news from this weekends Emerald City Comicon:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25304

"Robert Rodriguez's upcoming feature film "Predators" will be adapted into a comic. Normally the secrecy surrounding Hollywood releases makes comic tie-ins difficult. However, Rodriguez was very forthcoming and cooperative with the idea and shared a lot of his information with Dark Horse, Allie explained. Before the release of the film, Dark Horse is publishing six weekly comics through June and the beginning of July that tell the back story of the characters. The first week of July there will also be a 64-page prequel book followed by a sequel released a week after the movie."

Veteran Warrior

I can't wait to get my hands on these bad boys

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Yet another thing to make June/July a terribly expensive month to be a completist...

EDIT: Curious to see if the "other survivor" mentioned in the blurb for the second issue is Dutch or Harrigan.

Xenomrph

Likely not Harrigan, since I'm pretty sure they've said that 'Predators' ignores 'Predator2' or something like that.

wolfie138

wolfie138

bobby brown

bobby brown

Lame,

Dusk

Dusk

Could be good. It might not be a cheesy or badly written Predator comic for once.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed