"Predator" 2009 Mini-Series

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 10, 2009, 08:01:50 PM

Author
"Predator" 2009 Mini-Series (Read 47,485 times)

Predator755

Predator755

I suppose that some people just want it to be one way or the other. Some people don't like knew stuff. I remember how when I first read Forever Midnight and such and was furious over the Hish idea. Then I calmed down, read it again, although I'll admit I didn't read the parts from the Hish point of view, and realized that it was actually a very well written book. Shirely didn't at all waste the potential of the jungle setting on another planet. On the contrary, he utilized it to its maximum potential and produced a truly great story.
But now I'm a bit more tolerant and understanding and can accept Hish into the AvP universe, even if I still don't like them.

happypred

happypred

Man this comic better have some tight predator on predator action

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: happypred on Mar 13, 2009, 07:35:58 AM

boy, you nasty.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Spaghetti on Mar 13, 2009, 01:59:38 PM
Quote from: happypred on Mar 13, 2009, 07:35:58 AM

boy, you nasty.

LMFAO!!

Predator755

Predator755

Word twisting aside, I myself am actually hoping to see some new weaponry, as usual. Specifically, rifles! Thats one of the things that makes AvP War part 1 stand out to me. Plasma rifle wielding Predators! What more could you ask for?

Vanski

Vanski

I can't think anything but Warhammer 40k, when i look at the cover.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

The cover to me feels like the kind of force the preds would send in to clear out an infested area that they don't want to completely destroy. Although in EU terms, you'd think if they wanted to do that, they could find some way to harvest and reproduce the black mold from Labyrinth. Why they would wage a war on earth of all places, and have it be land-based, rather than nuke-based...well, maybe they'll come up with a reasonable explanation come June. Until then, I'm holding judgement.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

No honor in doing a nuke-based war. :)

Predator755

Predator755

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 13, 2009, 10:16:51 PM
No honor in doing a nuke-based war. :)

He's got a point. Wheres the fun in revenge if you just watch an explosion from orbit when you could just gut the suckers yourself?

happypred

happypred

I hope they come up with really creative ideas for "military" predators

I mean come on, Dark Horse must have access to some fantastically talented artists who can come up with something more than rehashes of Halo designs

The One and Only

I was always of the thinking that HALO was ripping off Predator first, and turnabout is fairplay. ;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well it's a known fact that the Covenant Elites (both design and personality) were inspired by the Predator. :)

happypred

happypred

I'd say the elites are more polished and less savage

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Yeah, I said that the first time I played Halo. The look of the marines was totally ripped off of aliens, the flood were standins for the xenos and the covenant were a video game bad guy version of the preds, complete with honorable culture and high level of mysticism. Starcraft did the same thing, replacing the bugs with the zerg and the preds with the protoss. I mean, sure, there were differences in both cases, it wasn't complete ripoffs, but they definitely know their roots. Half the human units in starcraft even quote aliens.

Commander Griker

This is were the series is heading

Acacyn - Alien VS Clone II - Vengeance - Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8ZV4_3oxI&feature=recommended

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed