FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 144,636 times)

Dogme

So, sometime between 8-10 PM then. That'll do :)

JKS1

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Dec 22, 2011, 01:24:58 AM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 22, 2011, 01:20:08 AM
Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Dec 21, 2011, 09:57:22 PM

What I wouldn't give to see a slim, black, sexy, newly designed, Giger Xenomorph leap from the ceiling instead of that Goonie looking Sloth dude in Dead Space gear, nuff said :'(

Its funny(or not) how this scene looked amazing, intriguing and fascinating in the low quality leaked trailer, and now, in HQ, well....this.

Yep !

Looks like 'the hills have eyes' in space - literally 'retarded'
Hate the 'mutation' idea - makes it look and sound like 'Pandorum' - a truly shitty movie that as soon as I saw the mutant human zombie whatevers I thought 'fk this bollox' and sent the movie file straight to 'trash'

The rest of the footage in the teaser trailers looks really, really, reeaaallly reeeeeaaaaallllllyyyy good !!

This leaping deformed human looks stupid, mostly because its a type of image weve seen over and over and over and over and over again in tiresome, lame, predictable 'deformed' human/zombie/mutant/whatever leaps out at unsuspecting human and starts eating them alive type movie.......[one big yawn]

I hope this mutation/deformity thing isnt central to the film otherwise its like just another 'thing prequel', 'who's next', infection, zombie, seen it all before predictable tiresome and unscary Rob Schmidt's 'the wrong turn' on a spaceship stupidity

JaaayDee

Can you grasp the idea that these zombies are probably in the beginning stages of a completely alien transformation?

JKS1

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 22, 2011, 01:55:43 PM
Can you grasp the idea that these zombies are probably in the beginning stages of a completely alien transformation?

Yes, totally, and I hate that idea too

'The Fly' in space

JaaayDee

Still will be leagues ahead of 'Resident Evil' in space.

OpenMaw

I think its fair to say that these people undergoing changes - if that's whats going on - are going to turn into some very grotesque things.

I think there's a lot of conjecture going on here without a lot of context exactly. Just imagine watching the Alien Trailer without any clue whats going on, in there you have shots of Parker and Ash and there's this white stuff, and hints of some kind of violence, but you have no real idea what you're seeing.

These people could very easily be under the influence of something growing inside of them. (Hence the woman "giving birth" etc...)

I think that the mutations are not really mutations so much as side effects of whatever gets inside their suits. Think about it.

Engineer1

No!!!!
Don't you get it?
Mutation suck!
It has been done in previous movies and revealed to suck every time so in this one it will suck too!
This movie suck already.
I know it.
Theres mutation in it.

Let's forget the fact that if you take a concept and give it to a hack director and to a great director that you might end up with a shitty version and a great version of that concept.
Lets also forget that the movie deals with bioengineering, and that you have many glass ampules vials that will probably have different dna in them giving thousand possibilities of creatures.
And of course lets forget that Scott will definitly show his main threat in a teaser 6 month before the movie release.

This movie is set to be an epic fail. ;)

Dirty Harry

Sloth is suffering from a terrible alien itching and desperately needs someone to help him to scratch.

JaaayDee

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 22, 2011, 02:02:18 PM
No!!!!
Don't you get it?
Mutation suck!
It has been done in previous movies and revealed to suck every time so in this one it will suck too!
This movie suck already.
I know it.
Theres mutation in it.

Let's forget the fact that if you take a concept and give it to a hack director and to a great director that you might end up with a shitty version and a great version of that concept.
Lets also forget that the movie deals with bioengineering, and that you have many glass ampules vials that will probably have different dna in them giving thousand possibilities of creatures.
And of course lets forget that Scott will definitly show his main threat in a teaser 6 month before the movie release.

This movie is set to be an epic fail. ;)

Dirty Harry

This movie is set to be a epic classic.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Impossible.
There's human mutation in it.
;D ;)

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 20, 2011, 10:38:37 PM
Quote from: Space Jockey King on Dec 20, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3972/toxinball.jpg

What film is this from please ?
The Rock, by Michael Bay. Probably his only great film.

I have to admit that was a funny movie...

icedog97

I think people get WAY TOO caught up in the "what ifs"...

I realize it's fun to speculate...and to a degree it adds to the build-up...but I learned a long time ago that to truly enjoy a MOVIE, you have to let the director tell his story.

I know this is sometimes difficult to do with movies based on novels...or in this case...a movie that is a prequel to an existing volume of work...

But you seriously jeopardize your ability to enjoy the movie IF you don't try and put your brain/heart on hold when you get to the point of thinking you will be seriously disappointed if the movie goes in a direction you don't want it to. Especially when you have another 6 months to wait for it.

While I'll never argue a person's right to have their opinion and don't want to (in the least) come across as if I am trying to tell anybody they are wrong or what to think...I do want to stress that you will get more out of this movie if you try and let the director's clues (up to this point and until the movie opens) be your guide. Ridley is a smart guy...and he knows how to tell this story. It's like being at an amusement park...just enjoy the rides.

P.S. For what it's worth...mutation, creation, and evolution have very fine lines between them. Surely if the Engineer(s) are what we think they are...what we have been led to believe they are by the director...then there's a good chance we will see bits of all three things in this movie. I have no problem with any of that...especially given what Ridley has said to this point about the story he is trying to tell.

Dirty Harry

"Mutant and Proud" ;D

Never say no to Panda!

She was more like "Mutant and kinky"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed