FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 146,601 times)

Game_Over_Man

That guy is DEFINITELY A MUTATION!!

From what I understand - he will be one among many new forms!

newbeing

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 21, 2011, 09:39:34 PM
If the eggs are simply manufactured to destroy earth at the end of the film, meaning the Xenomorphs did not exist until 30 years prior to Alien; not only would it destroy the canon compatibility of the AVP films (some do care about them), games, and many of the comics, but it might also conflict with the idea of Alien Queens in general. On another note, It'll be difficult for me to watch Alien and hear Dallas mention "Seems fossilized, looks like it's been dead a long time" when this takes place only 30 years before Alien. All this recent footage is quite worrying, not to mention Ridley hasn't exactly been at the top of his film making game for a while now.

I think you might be worrying over some very vague assumptions. We could easily assume that the derelict from alien and the craft in Prometheus are two different ships. Nor is there any indication that this craft is carrying Xenomorph eggs or implying that xenomorph eggs don't come from queens.

As for the AvP storylines I personally would like to see this film bury them in every way possible.

Glaive

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 21, 2011, 09:54:24 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 21, 2011, 09:39:34 PMIt'll be difficult for me to watch Alien and hear Dallas mention "Seems fossilized, looks like it's been dead a long time" when this takes place only 30 years before Alien.

Likewise. Although he does say 'seems' and 'looks like', not 'it is'. Therefore our concern is not about the actual facts, just our own inferences. I personally like the idea of the original Jockey being very old and to have it so young would nerf it somehow, but it's age isn't in stone as far as lore goes. It could well be only 30 years old.

-Chris

...also, Dallas isn't EXACTLY the sharpest knife in the drawer...

Never say no to Panda!

Random camera guy: This 3D technique is awesome, it looks as if the monster jumps straight into the audience.
Sir Ridley: Uh...that sounds cool, lets do it!
Random camera guy: Filming in 3D?
Sir Ridley: ...the jumping monstah!

nendo

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 21, 2011, 09:49:11 PM
Quote from: Kimo on Dec 21, 2011, 09:10:09 PM
defo looks like mutation

I was gonna say, I don't buy that the guy is mutated and that he might just be a bit singed. But a big chunk of his head is missing.

He has his full head. The dark area is what remains of the guys hair

szkoki

ok you starting to upset me  ;D why do you want to see so bad that f*in xeno again, theres six,6, SIX movie about it!!!! Its sold out, it did his job, its done FOREVER!!! Let it rest in piece and start to be open for some new ideas geeeez!!!!
...or go watch the 6 movie again, this movie is prometheus and not alien try to accept it.
This is the 1st time that im waiting for a such terrifiyng movie like this  and THANK GOD i dont know this time its about a few people, few alien, there is chaos, aliens kill off people, 1-2 people stay alive, the end....god im thankful i dont know whats going to happen in a movie wich takes place in the darkest unversum. So i understand you guys, respect but on the other hand its sucks to be you (: im happy :) and im looking forward to this.  :P

T Dog

Quote from: nendo on Dec 21, 2011, 10:11:38 PM
defo looks like mutation

I was gonna say, I don't buy that the guy is mutated and that he might just be a bit singed. But a big chunk of his head is missing.

Right well im going back to my "he's just a bit crispy" theory. No mutation.

To the last poster, the Xenomorph isn't and will never be past it's sell by date, it just hasn't been done justice by the quality of the movies it's been featured in. Having said that I fully embrace and look forward to new creations.

szkoki

What do you think about the release time of the trailer? Should i stay up for long or go to bed because it will be online only tomorrow evening? :D

josh_axey

josh_axey

I'm still not sold on the positivity of it being mutation into an alien/monster.
I'm not saying I think it is one of the below, but it could be:

• Burn deformation
  • Virus deformation
  • Extremely violent reaction to foreign substance
  • Flat out weird mutation from exposure to alien something
  • Insert weird alien induced medical thing here

But - I still don't think the deformation that we see confirms that he is mutating into an alien... just that he is disfigured or mutated in some way.
After all, that mutation stuff was speculation...

[lolzedit]
Warning - while you were typing 26 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
[/lolzedit]

OpenMaw

This isn't an alien movie in the sense that we will not see any H.R. Giger monsters running around. We'll have a Jockey structure/ship, one or more Jockey's themselves, and a new creature that will echo of the xenomorph in the fact that it will most likely be a multi staged parasitic organism. Aside from the Jockey, none of Giger's (or any of the creatures from Alien) designs will be present here.

Also, where was it ever implied this movie was going to show us the actual creation of the Alien for any purpose? Let alone to destroy us. Why would they have to go to that length? I think the giant Jockey "Battle Wagon" as Scott referred to it on the Alien commentary, is enough of a direct visual connection to the film as anything else.

From what i'm gathering we're dealing with an encounter about us and our relationship with the Jockey's specifically. Not setting up origins or anything like that. Remember, it's not a prequel as we're normally used to them being. This is setting up it's own narrative. Things can go off in another direction from here.

The thing a lot of people have had a hard time realizing is this film has to do with the creator of the alien, and how it relates to us. From what it seems, we don't get along very well. That doesn't mean the alien does not yet exist.  :)

What i'm getting at is, visually? Don't expect to see egg, hugger, burster, adult. You won't see them in this movie.

I'm glad, honestly.

psychonaut25

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 21, 2011, 10:18:40 PM
Quote from: nendo on Dec 21, 2011, 10:11:38 PM
defo looks like mutation

Right well im going back to my "he's just a bit crispy" theory. No mutation.

To the last poster, the Xenomorph isn't and will never be past it's sell by date, it just hasn't been done justice by the quality of the movies it's been featured in. Having said that I fully embrace and look forward to new creations.

It looks like from a video game....hmmm....Left 4 Dead anyone?

nendo

I wonder if whats happening to the people isn't from the jockies experimentation but from the android that pulls the container apart (cant remember his name). He'd trying to figure out how it works and infects certain crew memebers

Kimarhi

The jockey's could manipulate DNA for specific species to transform them into something else.  Kind of like whoever the f**k it was that did the same thing to the various zerg species in starcraft.

If indeed the original jockeyship is not featured in Prometheus.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 21, 2011, 09:54:24 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 21, 2011, 09:39:34 PMIt'll be difficult for me to watch Alien and hear Dallas mention "Seems fossilized, looks like it's been dead a long time" when this takes place only 30 years before Alien.

Likewise. Although he does say 'seems' and 'looks like', not 'it is'. Therefore our concern is not about the actual facts, just our own inferences. I personally like the idea of the original Jockey being very old and to have it so young would nerf it somehow, but it's age isn't in stone as far as lore goes. It could well be only 30 years old.

-Chris

Well let me reassure you buddies.
The Derelict is not the ship you see in PROMETHEUS.
You will neither see THE eggs nor THE xeno.

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/movie-news/comic-con-2011-exclusive-damon-lindelof-talks-prometheus-makes-peace-with-lost-fans/
QuoteGod willing, if Prometheus is successful, and there is a sequel, it won't be Alien because the end of this movie, if this movie is A to Z, Z is not there's a bunch of eggs laying on the floor of LV-426.

The events that happened in the Derelict of ALIEN are eons old, as its cargo.
An "old" bioweapon (one of many) already being used for centuries by the Engineer's race to conquer planets when needs be.
The Derelict story will not be adressed directly.
The event that will unfold in PROMETHEUS will make you able to understand how the xenos are conceived by showing the same technology at work to create new threats and how the Engineers proceed to colonize Planets.
Hence explaining implicitly the Derelict story.
:)

psychonaut25

Quote from: nendo on Dec 21, 2011, 10:27:27 PM
I wonder if whats happening to the people isn't from the jockies experimentation but from the android that pulls the container apart (cant remember his name). He'd trying to figure out how it works and infects certain crew memebers

Or maybe, in the tradition in alien movies, the android (portraied by Fassbender) is making it on purpose, because it is his order given by Weyland - Yutani corporation..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed