Egg morphing and Alien director's cut can't be canon.

Started by Jonjamess, Nov 14, 2019, 08:29:23 PM

Author
Egg morphing and Alien director's cut can't be canon. (Read 5,701 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 16, 2019, 06:18:12 PM
It also didn't occur to Ripley that the marines were walking into a nest where they'd find the cocooned bodies of the colonists.  If the DC of Alien was canon, then she should have known what to expect as soon as she saw the hive.
I think it's safe to assume that she should have known what to expect (the colonists were f**ked) the moment she saw the hive regardless of whether she'd found Brett and Dallas.

Voodoo Magic

Even to Ridley, the theatrical cut of Alien is thee cut.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 19, 2019, 01:06:31 PM
Ridley is entitled to his opinion.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 19, 2019, 09:43:34 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 16, 2019, 06:18:12 PM
It also didn't occur to Ripley that the marines were walking into a nest where they'd find the cocooned bodies of the colonists.  If the DC of Alien was canon, then she should have known what to expect as soon as she saw the hive.

I think it's safe to assume that she should have known what to expect (the colonists were f**ked) the moment she saw the hive regardless of whether she'd found Brett and Dallas.

I wonder why Ripley didn't balk at sending the marines into the hive, especially when she pointed out where it was in relation to the AP's cooling system.  Her advice at that point should have gone something like this: "Don't send them in there with nothing but flamethrowers!  We already know enough about what happened here!  They're going to find nothing but corpses down there!"

Or maybe she figured it would have been futile and they had to learn the hard way.  Still, at least she could have tried.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 19, 2019, 05:21:26 PM
Ridley is entitled to his opinion.

:laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

lol The DC is so worthless it isn't even properly restored on the 4K version.

Local Trouble

And it even cuts out some good scenes.

Huggs

Even Ridley Scott gets to be wrong sometimes.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, everyone does.

426Buddy

TC is the superior cut by far.

Local Trouble

Did we just start talking about Alien 3?

Corporal Hicks

He always said that the Director's Cut was just a marketing gimmick and his preferred cut was the TE.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, and instead making an extended version, created a faster paced version for younger viewers I think he said.

SiL

Modern, not younger.

The Old One

The Old One

Ah, yes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed