Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,043 times)

SM

No.

felix

Check out the Upcoming Releases page.
https://nook.barnesandnoble.com/products/9781783299089/sample?sourceEan=9781783299072

Looks like this prequel book has been delayed to 2018.

SM

SM

That link leads to Omnibus vol 4.  Which is cool 'cos I didn't know it was out.

Amazon list Origins release date as September 26.

felix

I know. But click to the page that shows the Upcoming Releases. Origin is now slated for 2018.

SM

Couldn't find any Upcoming Releases link.

I found this which says September 26 2017.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jul 04, 2017, 06:53:35 AMCouldn't find any Upcoming Releases link.

If you scroll down a bit, the obligatory "Also available from Titan Books" list does give Origins a 2018 release date.

Curiously, it's listed under "The official movie novelizations".

SM

Can't see "Also available..." either.

Searching for 'alien covenant' brings up 'Alien: Covenant 2 - The Official Prequel to the Blockbuster Film' with a release date of September 26.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Bottom right.

SM

Ah right.  It's in the book.  I was looking on the site itself.

Considering what the site says and what Amazon says, I reckon it's still September.  Particularly considering the misprints in Bug Hunt...

Corporal Hicks

We've got the cover reveal and a new blurb.

"The Covenant mission is the most ambitious endeavor in the history of Weyland-Yutani. A ship bound for Origae-6, carrying two thousand colonists beyond the limits of known space, this is make-or-break investment for the corporation—and for the future of all mankind.

Yet there are those who would die to stop the mission. As the colony ship hovers in Earth orbit, several violent events reveal a deadly conspiracy to sabotage the launch. While Captain Jacob Branson and his wife Daniels complete their preparations, security chief Daniel Lopé recruits the final key member of his team. Together they seek to stop the perpetrators before the ship and its passengers can be destroyed.

An original novel by the acclaimed ALAN DEAN FOSTER, author of the groundbreaking Alien novelization, Origins is the official chronicle of the events that led up to Alien: Covenant. It also reveals the world the colonists left behind."

Release date confirmed for 26 September too.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/07/27/avpgalaxy-exclusive-alien-covenant-origins-cover-reveal/

Whos_Nick

that cover is eh

HuDaFuK

Seems like a cover that can't possibly relate to the actual story...

Nostromo

Will it be a novel with no pictures or nice comic?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nostromo on Jul 27, 2017, 05:30:27 PM
Will it be a novel with no pictures or nice comic?

Novel.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 27, 2017, 05:25:30 PM
Seems like a cover that can't possibly relate to the actual story...

Perhaps the Alien's inclusion means it wont be as Alien-less as we think?

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Jul 27, 2017, 05:23:15 PM
that cover is eh

At the risk of continually sounding like a broken record, I really really really really wish they'd stop using stock photos for these covers. I miss seeing the old painted artwork. Give me some covers from Tristan Jones or Raymond Swanland!

That said, I'm still keen to see what ADF does with the premise.

Ultramorph

The xeno on the covers gives me some small hope that we'll get at least a sub-plot dealing with David and Shaw, but I'll try not to expect it too much.

I'm actually really into the idea of a book set on Earth. The world-building was one of my favorite parts about Rage War, so it should be cool to see what ADF does. The movie and the novel seemed to really be pushing the idea of humanity needing to go beyond Earth, so imagine things will be rather dire.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed