Steve Wang's Elite Creature Collectibles

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 14, 2022, 04:18:12 PM

Author
Steve Wang's Elite Creature Collectibles (Read 1,125 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Not quite the place for this, but this might be of interest to people:

Kradan

Kradan

I recognise these little boogers !

Spoiler
[close]

Damn, that's some dope shit !

Corporal Hicks

*Split this off from the Prime 1 thread.

That is a 3D print?! Wow. I didn't know 3D printed could actually look that good. And imagine having the money to commission that kind of one-off.  :laugh:

Design-wise, I actually really like those mini-egg tending Aliens. It reminds me of the intent behind the albino drones, but I dig them being that much smaller and multi-limbed. I'm not sure on those extra huge legs though - doesn't quite seem fitting. Though I do really dig that extra armor plating on the chest, I think that looks amazing!

SiL

It's a fine sculpt but no.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2022, 08:02:15 AM*Split this off from the Prime 1 thread.

That is a 3D print?! Wow. I didn't know 3D printed could actually look that good. And imagine having the money to commission that kind of one-off.  :laugh:

Design-wise, I actually really like those mini-egg tending Aliens. It reminds me of the intent behind the albino drones, but I dig them being that much smaller and multi-limbed. I'm not sure on those extra huge legs though - doesn't quite seem fitting. Though I do really dig that extra armor plating on the chest, I think that looks amazing!

Pretty sure the Eggs in Alien Covenant are actually 3D printed as well.

[cancerblack]

3D printing can honestly do anything you want it to at this stage, it's just a matter of money and to a lesser extent, time. Quality stuff is still slow due to the tiny layers, and a truly amazing printer is still big bucks. But it's already there, tech-wise.

PredBabe

3D printing has come a long way for sure; they even 3D print homes now!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed