Collector's Edition Revealed

Started by ikarop, May 31, 2012, 03:18:24 PM

Author
Collector's Edition Revealed (Read 88,852 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Christ I hope they keep the 1979 design.

Predaker

Predaker

That's the impression I got from some of the interviews when they were asked if the game would connect to Prometheus and they basically say no. They happen at two completely separate times and won't have a direct relation.

SM

SM

This doesn't sound like a "no".

QuotePSB: Are you excited to see Prometheus? Will any of the Space Jockey lore hinted at in the film make it into Aliens: Colonial Marines?

RP: I'm very excited about Prometheus. 20th Century Fox invited us to read the script and check out production and ACM's director, Brian Martel, had a discussion with Ridley Scott about the matter years and years ago, so it's been a really interesting seat for us on this one. A bunch of our guys went out to read the script a while back. I chose to decline because I didn't want the spoilers — I can't wait to see the final film! Ridley is such a master storyteller and filmmaker and I'm thrilled that he's spending some more time in science fiction. Oh, and I haven't dodged your real question. Yes, ACM will bring you inside The Derelict on LV-426. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll leave it at that!

Predaker

Predaker

I'm not going to dig up the specific interviews; you can do that if you wish. They have been pretty explicit in saying that there is no direct connection between A:CM and Prometheus.

SM

SM

Clearly they haven't.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2012, 01:25:59 AM
Clearly they haven't.
Then you have been missing out. ;)

SM

SM

Don't see how.  Pitchford hinted a few months back that there might be a Prometheus link, that he didn't want to spoil.

You're talking about interviews that definitiveely state otherwise - where are they?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

And of course the game won't connect directly to 'Prometheus' plot-wise. I'd be really curious how it even could. :P

But including elements introduced in the movie? I could totally see them doing that.

SM

SM

Quite.  There's Jockies in Prometheus - part of CM is on a Jockey ship.  They could work in whatever they like if they wanted and were allowed.

Predaker

Predaker

The boss in the derelict will be an engineer, as powerful as George Romero was in call of the dead?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I am guessing that at the most, we will be able to see the Space Jockey in the Derelict with his mask removed and some lab equipment (Weyland Yutani) set up nearby him. It will basically resemble a big mummy with no wrapping. Thats my guess.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Christ I hope not.
Frankly I really, really like the Space Jockey in 'Alien' and hope they leave it untouched.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

^ Agreed. Space Jockey =/= Engineers in my eyes. I don't want any part of Prometheus in CM.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

You just know that it will end up happening.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 13, 2012, 08:09:22 AM
^ Agreed. Space Jockey =/= Engineers in my eyes. I don't want any part of Prometheus in CM.

Just the one dead one on Lv-426, thats it. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed