SOPA strike

Started by Predator Queen, Jan 14, 2012, 02:40:43 AM

Author
SOPA strike (Read 37,866 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

i just want to say thanks to all parties involved for helping in making this operation a blazing success.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Protested in Chicago... this was my 4rd protest in genral... still a lot of fun

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

Yes copyright infringement is bad, but giving corporations too much power is very dangerous.
Next thing you know they'll want to shut down public libraries.

BANE

BANE

I also find it hilarious that you didn't notice the spelling error ('have been removed' vs. 'has') in the supposed removal text. Even Americans aren't THAT dumb as to not use spell check. ;)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Well... I hate to be the bearer of bad knews but... it's proven that 80% of Americans can't find Canada on the map.

So yea... I did think they were that dumb...

Yesterday I saw an American article that said "bar" instead of "ban"....

BANE

BANE

80%? f**k, next  they won't be able to find water on a map.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 19, 2012, 06:46:33 PM
Well... I hate to be the bearer of bad knews but... it's proven that 80% of Americans can't find Canada on the map.

Hahaha lmao what bs, no way.  Don't buy it.

BANE

BANE

Watch "Rick Mercer in America". Most americans think Tim Hortons is our prime minister.

EDIT: Scratch that, our 'president', because that's what they have and no other governmental position exists.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: BLAIN on Jan 19, 2012, 08:43:15 PM
Watch "Rick Mercer in America". Most americans think Tim Hortons is our prime minister.

EDIT: Scratch that, our 'president', because that's what they have and no other governmental position exists.

Does Canada have the same government as the UK?ergo the people vote for the largest party in the house of whatever its called and whomever is the head of that party becomes the Prime Minister?

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

who could possibly give a damn about another country's government?

Nope

Nope

Bahahahahaha
First of all, the word bar is in the definition of ban:
1. to prohibit, forbid, or bar.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ban
And even if it was a typo, you mistyped news, so it should be reasonable for me to assume all Canadians MUST be stupid right?
Right?
Also, please refference the survey that said 80 percent of Americans can't locate Canada on a map.

Gate

Gate

Why are we throwing stupid jokes around? This is a protest about SOPA and PIPA.

Anonymous are planning a March on Washington DC and many other activities. It's supposedly going to be even bigger than the Scientology protests.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/281259/20120113/sopa-anonymous-extends-opblackout-protest-non-citizens.htm

With Operation Blackout, the hacktivists have pledged for the first time to take to the streets and protest actively against the US government. "This is where we draw the line. This is when we leave our computers. This is when we take out our masks and defy the corrupt rule of law. This is when we revolt. The time has come for you to accept the truth and join us in overthrowing yet another corrupt military regime," reads the statement.

First Blood

First Blood

I am sorry but that statistic of 80% of Americans can't find Canada on a map seems highly unrealistic and unlikley.

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: Gate on Jan 19, 2012, 10:15:25 PM
Why are we throwing stupid jokes around? This is a protest about SOPA and PIPA.

Anonymous are planning a March on Washington DC and many other activities. It's supposedly going to be even bigger than the Scientology protests.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/281259/20120113/sopa-anonymous-extends-opblackout-protest-non-citizens.htm

With Operation Blackout, the hacktivists have pledged for the first time to take to the streets and protest actively against the US government. "This is where we draw the line. This is when we leave our computers. This is when we take out our masks and defy the corrupt rule of law. This is when we revolt. The time has come for you to accept the truth and join us in overthrowing yet another corrupt military regime," reads the statement.

Aye, this thread has been derailed enough already.

If I wasn't on the wrong side of the Atlantic, I'd definitely take part in a rally.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed