O'Bannon Hates...Everything?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 20, 2007, 12:10:48 AM

Author
O'Bannon Hates...Everything? (Read 12,712 times)

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

Alien turns into Predator????? Anderson's idea is pure genius compared to that idea; I could come up with a better scrpt than that!

echobbase79

echobbase79

O'Bannnon has done some great work over the years. I love Return of the Living Dead and Lifeforce. Lifeforce is a very underrated film.   His AvP idea stinks to high heavens, but I'd love to sit down and hear what he had to say at least.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

O'Bannon's always been an eccentric character. It comes with the territory, walking the fine line between creative genius and madness. His conspiracy theories are getting rather stale though.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Some of what he says is true.  The re-writers did try to jack his stuff and that would infuriate ANYONE.  That said the rewrite of his original script was infinately superior to his watered down/star wars dialogue script.  The man does have talent.........but like George Lucas, his works ultimately suffer from half realized ideas (the highest critically rated SW film is Empire Strikes back which George Lucas neither wrote the script for nor directed) and hokey ass dialogue.  Half of it is tampering with his work and it being superior, the other half, they tried to steal it.  O'bannon was youngish at the time of Alien's production, so having something like that happen on your first handful of movies is bound to make you world weary way to early.  I'm sure if Fincher gave an interview about Alien 3 he'd be pretty pissed off at the studio heads and the script tamperation as well.

Predboy

Predboy

An alien turning into a predator? How stupid is that? Jesus, with those kind of idea flowing through his head, Im glad FOX didin't want anything to do with him.

Degman

Degman

on a tales from the crypt season dvd in the extra feature their is a question both from an event, and it had one of the producers of the show, and the subject was about a tatto comming to life, or something...  In the old comic book the picture shows the tatto emerging from the chest, and the producer of Tales, said "Walter Hill once told me that picture is what made me think of Alien."---So some people still belive Walter Hill, and If I would have been their I would have stood up in the question line, and informed him who realy created Alien.

cab12394

cab12394

aliens were created by the spece jokeys as a WEPON!!!! meant to invade and swarm an entire planet in less than a month!!!!!   >:D     >:D     >:D     >:D    predators suck.   :P  

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

You know all of us love Alien. I do agree for Dan to get mad at AVP but I think is nonsence for him critizizing AVP R when he hasnt even seen the movie   :(    Thats just my opinion.

killzonewith bladesandteet

most of these words are by a bitter old man who thinks just because he came up with a good idea or two  he suddenly knows everything. If you watch the Alien special Edition its plainly obvious that some of his ideas needed re-working

JK

JK

Hey guys happy holidays .   http://www.avp-r.com/happyholidays/

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Indeed.  Yet to almost get absolutely NO credit for thinking the idea up FIRST..........that is what upsets him.  They changed his work all around and then tried to take soul credit of it.  O'Bannon didn't ghostwrite Alien.  He thought it up with Shushett and Walter Hill and Giler didn't come along until AFTER the success of Star Wars.  In which case they changed things around.  Hill and Giler's version is infinately better than Starbeast, but Starbeast was Alien before it got its makeover and became promqueen.  He has a right to be upset.  And yes both Giler and Hill now credit O'bannon with the original concept.  Its in the quadrilogy.  From O'bannon's word they HAVE to since his lawyers came down on them.

TheAncientEnemy

Dan is the man as far as I am concerned. His Alien into Predator idea is pretty out there, but I'm sure no one would accept it anyway.  This guy has way too much experience for any of us internet personalities to try and figure out or criticize. He's lived it. It would be hard for anyone to have to realize that one fo their babies (Alien) grew up into something he hates.  I like what he has to say about sequels and about beating it all to death. I agree that AVP really makes the original Alien movies feel less significant.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Seems he's getting a chance to make an Alien clone with They Bite.  Be interesting to see.  Not enough scifi/horror monster movies produced anymore.

TheBlackCancer

TheBlackCancer

The "Alien" film is a classic. The "Predator" filmS are infinitesimal in comparison.   The Alien into Predator idea is awful.

deathconx

deathconx

has anyone been to ign.com   :D  there is a new avp face off poll. remember to vote

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed