Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 270,530 times)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2015, 05:22:27 PM
Ross is from the UK. I've ordered mine and it'll be here next Tuesday.

Interesting. Where did you order yours from?

Corporal Hicks

Mine was just from my local. Think they order from Diamond.

Born Of Cold Light

Do they all come in hardcovers, or is their a less expensive softcover version?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Oct 22, 2015, 07:13:05 PM
Do they all come in hardcovers, or is their a less expensive softcover version?

As I understand, currently there are Trade Paperback editions available of the individual constituent series within Fire and Stone.  Se Aliens, AVP, Prometheus, Predator all have their own TPBs.  As far as a complete compilation, there is only the hardcover.

Does anyone know if Omega was compiled into any TPB?

Lonely Universe

Go physical & download the digital version from kickass

Corporal Hicks

I picked up my hardback the other day. The behind the scenes stuff is quite interesting - the story change seems to have been quite significant. Aliens doesn't seem to have originally been a retcon adventure. I've attached the deleted scenes from the book and some concept for a female Elden.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Is there anything about the original scrapped Prometheus comic?

Corporal Hicks

Those 2 pages I posted are the most obvious things they talk about specific story details but from how Scott Allie talked about when they got the news, it sounds like it was quite a severe change.

Perfect-Organism

Considering how there is so much alternative material out there, I hope some day, they actually release the original drafts.  Just as a "What if...?" type of series.

Corporal Hicks

If they did it wouldn't be for a while - until after Alien: Paradise Lost.

Perfect-Organism

So there's hope?  Awesome.  They just have to label it as an alt history and they should be able to get away with it.

Speaking of alt history, it would be awesome if someone published a book that describes the various alt histories of the Aliens universe to make it easy to follow.  I mean, we hard-core fans know how everything goes together, but what about the casual fan?

Ultramorph

The idea of Weyland being alive could have definitely been interesting. I also love the concepts for the Deacon and the different xenos.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm looking forward to my copy arriving from Amazon on the 3rd.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 30, 2015, 06:17:58 PM
The idea of Weyland being alive could have definitely been interesting. I also love the concepts for the Deacon and the different xenos.

I suspect Weyland is alive and that is why it was important to make this a speculative, rather than a finite matter.  Don't want to give away too much of the film in the comic book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed