BBC News Interviews Sigourney Weaver

Started by ikarop, Aug 02, 2014, 08:05:27 PM

Author
BBC News Interviews Sigourney Weaver (Read 17,768 times)

ikarop

ikarop

BBC News has recently interviewed Sigourney Weaver about her involvement in Alien: Isolation. The Alien actress comments on why she decided to join the project as well as on where she thinks videogames might be headed. The interview also includes new footage from the game’s pre-order DLC, Last Survivor and Crew Expendable. Be sure to watch it below or at the source.

Mr. Clemens

Man, when I finally get this game in my hands, I'm gonna plotz. And I don't even know what that means.  :D

Griffith

My....god

John Stevens

This will be a good gaming experience, can't wait   ;D

Ash 937

Textures at 2:56 to 3:08 look like they could come from an Xbox 360 or PS3.  Is this also the first footage that we have of the game on a last-gen system?   Every other piece of footage looks significantly better than that, btw.

Adam802

that footage looks AWESOME!!!!!  I really love how you can explore the nostromo!

SM

SM

Noice.

The Runner

Interesting! Great amazing footage.

Also at 3:08 would those be pictures of the Nostromo crews loved ones and such?

SM

SM

Not entirely accurate though - but I'm guessing they're operating under the proviso of 'If it wasn't on screen, we can get away with it.'

szkoki

because there are no marks on the floor?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Because no photographs next to the wall mounted vid screen on the actual set. Nor a chair or boxes.

SM

SM

Yeah - but we never see those particular walls in the film - so fair game I suppose.

Blacklabel

I think one of the lead designers said exactly that. If it wasnt on screen... it's ok to change it around a bit.

On top of that, they said that they are changing the layout of the Nostromo interior a bit to provide better gameplay. (More places to hide from the Alien, etc. etc.)

SM

SM

I think you need to, to a degree (seeing as how the A Deck set was completely self contained with the only access to the rest of the ship via ladder and no sleeping quarters or bathrooms).  And there's plenty of scope to add to what we see in the film.  I get stroppy when they change stuff from the film - like they did with the Sulaco and colony in A:CM, with no apparent reasoning behind it.  I kinda get them changing the Nostromo for A:CM, because the tight corridors probably wouldn't suit a multiplayer game.  Changes for A:I seem less necessary.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SM on Aug 05, 2014, 08:17:12 AM
I think you need to, to a degree (seeing as how the A Deck set was completely self contained with the only access to the rest of the ship via ladder and no sleeping quarters or bathrooms).

I wonder if this means we'll be able to climb that ladder outside the infirmary and find out where Ripley came from? :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed