Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jan 18, 2017, 02:24:53 PM

Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters?

Yes
No
Author
Would you see Alien 3 the Assembly Cut in theaters? (Read 14,623 times)

Nyarlathotep

Does anyone know where I can read this second draft at? My interest is peaked.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2017, 08:45:15 AM
I think his second draft would have been a better movie. I would have hated the first draft.

I always mean the second draft when I talk about his script nowadays.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 27, 2017, 05:12:25 PM
Does anyone know where I can read this second draft at? My interest is peaked.

Behold!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/downloads/

Local Trouble

A Hicks fan should love it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 27, 2017, 07:50:20 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2017, 08:45:15 AM
I think his second draft would have been a better movie. I would have hated the first draft.

I always mean the second draft when I talk about his script nowadays.

Understood. In that case, agreed.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 27, 2017, 09:45:30 PM
A Hicks fan should love it.

He definitely gets plenty to do which I admit I did enjoy.

FiorinaFury161

That was quite an interesting read.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2017, 09:45:40 PM

I wish Dark Horse would adapt it into a comic book, the same way they did with The Star Wars.  Would you like that, fella?  :)

Nyarlathotep

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 28, 2017, 12:28:31 AM
I wish Dark Horse would adapt it into a comic book, the same way they did with The Star Wars.  Would you like that, fella?  :)

That would be pretty awesome.

All this talk about editing the two versions of the film makes me want to do a fan edit.

I was just thinking about ways I could tie Alien 3 into the other two films more. I kept imagining the longer cut of the ending where Ripley really has to grapple with her choice for a much longer beat before she finally commits to suicide. I was seeing images and voice over influencing the scene, where Ripley remembers her last words with Hicks "See you Hicks." "Dwayne... it's Dwayne." and lastly her promise to Newt. "I cross my heart." "And hope to die?" "And Hope to die."

I was also imagining a much more direct connection for the opening between Aliens and Alien 3. Using bits of Aliens to open Alien 3 where Ripley and Newt are in Hypersleep, and you hear their exchange to each other before they finally got in the tubes. Inter-cutting with shots of the dropship bay, them asleep in the tubes, the shot of the hugger inching towards the tubes.

I might actually make a separate thread in the fan section and try to put some of this together...

Local Trouble

I wonder how hard it would be to crop and replace certain scenes from the opening sequence to at least imply that Ripley and the others were transferred into the different cryotubes at some point during the evacuation process.

OpenMaw

Maybe with a digital diagram done in a similar style to the rest intercut with that shot where Ripley's eyes and body flutter(the light in that scene indicates a lot of motion.)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd be all over that like a bad rash. In fact, despite my rather negative opinions on the rest of the scripts (aside from Twohy's), I'd be all over that for all of them.

HuDaFuK

I've seen the Aliens SE in the cinema (well, the Albert Hall) and both that and the Alien DC are always on at the Prince Charles Cinema in London, but I've never seen the extended cut of Alien 3 on show theatrically anywhere. Would love to watch it. But was it ever even made into a theatrical print?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2017, 11:14:34 AM

I'd be all over that like a bad rash. In fact, despite my rather negative opinions on the rest of the scripts (aside from Twohy's), I'd be all over that for all of them.

Dark Horse could make a nice little series out of adapting all the unused scripts for Alien 3.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 27, 2017, 04:11:59 AMNo, I really do think the William Gibson script would of made a better movie.

I think Gibson's first draft is pretty terrible. It's chock full of the worst over-the-top Aliens excess.

His second was a good script.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed