Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's THE PREDATOR!!!

Started by ace3g, Jan 20, 2017, 01:29:33 AM

Author
Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's THE PREDATOR!!! (Read 39,401 times)

IM A MARVEL

Every Shane Black movie has a wicked sense of humour so that statement is like saying rain is wet. The 'very different from the original' is what's peaked my interest. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

predator88

The humor in that leaked script was abysmal ,like it was written by a child in the 6th grade who's seen too many tough guy movies.The jokes didn't connect at all.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: predator88 on Apr 12, 2017, 12:18:01 PM
The humor in that leaked script was abysmal ,like it was written by a child in the 6th grade who's seen too many tough guy movies.The jokes didn't connect at all.

Plus the racist remarks, they better remove them.

XENOMORPHOSIS

While its encouraging that it will have its humor moments like n the original Predator, I hope it doesn't go self parody to the point where its not taken seriously.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I don't remember any racist remarks...

Quote from: Master on Jan 24, 2017, 09:12:59 AM
Cause it's so hipster to trash on P2. Same as trashing on A3, A:R and of course Star Wars Prequels.

I've been trashing Predator 2 for twenty years. Because like the Star Wars prequels, it is a bad movie.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 20, 2017, 10:12:35 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 20, 2017, 10:06:21 PM
QuoteThe setting for the new story is suburbia and will feature many of the fierce hunter killers, not just one.

Wait... Suburbia? Oh, no... Nononono...

That's an old article that's been debunked. No Suburbia.

Yes Suburbia.

Predator_Spirit

Several scenes are set in suburbia but not the whole thing.

SpeedyMaxx

Again, I've read it. I'd say at least 60-70% of the movie is set in suburban Georgia. There is the Cuba opening and there are a couple other locales as the characters converge on Georgia - a black ops base being one - and then another setting change for the finale, but that's about it.

Jacku

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 12, 2017, 04:54:05 PM
Again, I've read it. I'd say at least 60-70% of the movie is set in suburban Georgia. There is the Cuba opening and there are a couple other locales as the characters converge on Georgia - a black ops base being one - and then another setting change for the finale, but that's about it.

What location does the Predator kill people most frequently? It would be just civilians in a suburban place.

Original Pred

Just a hunch here.  Makes me think that the "camaraderie" side of things is what Shane Black thinks made the original Predator good.  Since he was part of the "squad/crew" etc...Camaraderie can be a cool/fun aspect of movies, but Predator was low on the scale in regards to that.  I get that it was a part of it, but I think Black may be over-valuing it vs. what the movie-goer is seeing and liking.  Makes sense tho.  If Black were true to the story and the original Predator.  He would have given Dutch a bigger part.  But he seems to think Dutch wasn't that big of a deal to the movie overall.  Which he was. It's too bad.  Because the story of Dutch after killing a Pred and all the events that could have unfolded with him after that, is a gold-mine, that Black is completely passing up for his own interests. 

Master

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 12, 2017, 02:33:38 PM

Cause it's so hipster to trash on P2. Same as trashing on A3, A:R and of course Star Wars Prequels.

I've been trashing Predator 2 for twenty years. Because like the Star Wars prequels, it is a bad movie.

I'm stating my oppinion as fact and claim I have read the script and/or have inside source I totally can't confirm.  I so cool! No body tried that before, Yeah!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 11, 2017, 08:16:35 PM
Though technically a sequel, it does not continue story lines from 1987's Predator, 1990's Predator, or 2010's Predators.

So... just to clarify... It's set in the same universe, but doesn't continue the storylines of the previous sequels... OR it's a side-continuity in a similar universe which branches off the first? I'm a little lost here.

von

von

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 12, 2017, 08:14:07 PM
Though technically a sequel, it does not continue story lines from 1987's Predator, 1990's Predator, or 2010's Predators.

So... just to clarify... It's set in the same universe, but doesn't continue the storylines of the previous sequels... OR it's a side-continuity in a similar universe which branches off the first? I'm a little lost here.
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 12, 2017, 08:14:07 PM

It takes place in modern day and references events of past films. However, it doesn't continue the characters' stories of those films. I hope that made sense

BishopShouldGo

These movies are so basic and simple in their timelines. There's no hidden meaning behind the article's phrasing. It's a sequel, but doesn't continue Dutch's, Harrigan's or Royce's stories.

Ahhhhh. The fans! They nourish my soul.

Master

Oh, lookie here! Yet another self made phony prophet!

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 12, 2017, 02:33:38 PM

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 20, 2017, 10:12:35 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 20, 2017, 10:06:21 PM
QuoteThe setting for the new story is suburbia and will feature many of the fierce hunter killers, not just one.

Wait... Suburbia? Oh, no... Nononono...

That's an old article that's been debunked. No Suburbia.

Yes Suburbia.

SpeedyMaxx,

I'd love to know what your thoughts on Predators is. Don't think I've read them yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed