Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Author
Alien 5 to be "Genetic Sibling" to Alien & Aliens (Read 79,979 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ever since Neill Blomkamp first revealed his concept art for his Alien 5 project, art that featured an aged and acid scarred Hicks and Aliens-esque looking Ripley, the question as to how Alien 5 will relate to the saga has been debated online. Talking to Sky News, Blomkamp and Sigourney Weaver talk about the new film being a “genetic sibling” to Alien and Aliens:

They don’t specifically state that Alien 5 will be retconning Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, however, it sounds like a strong possibility. It may also be that he is speaking in terms of the tone of the films. Or it may simply be the same sort of approach Nimrod Antal and Robert Rodriguez took with Predators not acknowledging Predator 2.

Update #1 – The video has now been set to private. I’m attempting to find an alternative.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Ugh...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PMOr it may simply be the same sort of approach Nimrod Antal and Robert Rodriguez took with Predators not acknowledging Predator 2.

That's impossible if it includes Ripley and/or especially Hicks.  Hey, maybe it'll cement A:CM into canon where it belongs!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Old Ripley, even.

szkoki

szkoki

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 25, 2015, 09:02:59 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2015, 08:58:36 PMOr it may simply be the same sort of approach Nimrod Antal and Robert Rodriguez took with Predators not acknowledging Predator 2.

That's impossible if it includes Ripley and/or especially Hicks.  Hey, maybe it'll cement A:CM into canon where it belongs!

Hell yeah bro! Let's cheapen this franchise even more! High five dude!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

If this is a retcon, assuming that it's a retcon... then I think Bardock can convey how I feel on the principal that it could be a retcon. Keep in mind, this is not towards the ideas of the movie itself.. just the idea that it could be a retcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjAX6VETEc4#

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Alien 3 isn't going anywhere. Even if I love this. Don't see what the problem with a different take  would be.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 25, 2015, 09:10:53 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 25, 2015, 09:02:59 PM

Hell yeah bro! Let's cheapen this franchise even more! High five dude!

You look like you want beat up a bunch of rapists with a pipe.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Love it. Love everything about it... :)

Mike

Yes!!!!!! This is the way to go !!! :D

PsyKore

PsyKore

It kinda annoys me a bit that he states there's gonna be Alien, Aliens and then his movie. C'mon...

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 25, 2015, 09:13:59 PM
Alien 3 isn't going anywhere. Even if I love this. Don't see what the problem with a different take  would be.

cool lets make a completely new Star Wars Episode 4 and 5 movie then!
i hate the idea but i love the franchise and Sigourney, Blomkamp, also Micheal Biehn is a hellofa actor now!
but this story is just.. they are raping my childhood :D like AVP and AR werent enough

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 25, 2015, 09:27:18 PMcool lets make a completely new Star Wars Episode 4 and 5 movie then!

Fine with me.  I can still watch the originals any time I want.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Everything about this movie is a mojo killer. Bored already

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed