Alien: Covenant will shoot in Oz - with twice as much Michael Fassbender

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 27, 2015, 10:23:08 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant will shoot in Oz - with twice as much Michael Fassbender (Read 32,699 times)

Chris P

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 27, 2015, 04:25:39 PM
Quote from: Chris P on Nov 27, 2015, 03:13:16 PM
http://www.scified.com/prometheusmovies/prometheus-2-plot-leak-reveals-why-alien-5-script-had-to-be-changed

;) confirmed 8 months later. Nice.

The Wrap also reported the "multiple David" thing as well as the intention of making the new film more "Alieny" earlier this year. Not sure if it was from the same source/informant as yours?

Quotehttp://www.thewrap.com/prometheus-2-lands-green-lantern-writer-may-feature-multiple-michael-fassbenders-exclusive/

They reported it also, but I think they had a different source.  We had 2, who both mentioned it but we took as rumor. The one was on Twitter the second wished to remain anonymous. Our anon source however did mention the revisitation of LV-223, so it'll be interesting to see if that gets confirmed as well.

So far everything they've leaked is being confirmed which means, if that continues, we're in for a badass movie. Kind of disappointed Shaw takes a backseat in this one though.

oduodu

I have always wondered about shaw getting infected after she had sex with an infected holloway. Who says she doesn't start to change albeit very slowly. And somehow becomes aware of and links to a hivemind of somekind. Maybe she somehow morphs and becomes part of some kind of bio mechanical god - monstrosity.

T Dog

According to THR:

Other casting hasn't been confirmed, although Scott did say that Prometheus 1 star Noomi Rapace will only appear briefly in Covenant. Scott is keen to use Australian actors, revealing that that he wanted Cate Blanchett for The Martian but she was unavailable.

Shamo

Now the only question is- will he give that Ooze a try, grow four arms and have strange plants growing out of the Covenant?

CainsSon

Quote from: oduodu on Nov 27, 2015, 07:31:54 PM
I have always wondered about shaw getting infected after she had sex with an infected holloway. Who says she doesn't start to change albeit very slowly. And somehow becomes aware of and links to a hivemind of somekind. Maybe she somehow morphs and becomes part of some kind of bio mechanical god - monstrosity.

Ive always thought this would have also been the way to move forward from Alien Resurrection. The queen developed a human reproductive cycle, so why not have Ripley mutate more, after being turned on or something, she develops something along the lines of the Alien reproductive cycle.
Ripley lays an egg. How novel.

windebieste

Egg laying mammal?  lol.  She wouldn't be the first.  On the other hand, the title 'Ripley 8, Monotreme' does sound cool.

All the same, there's a great opportunity to explore Ripley 8's unique composition, especially as the character develops potential conflicts... Is she Human?  ...or more Alien?   How can such a hybrid come to such a resolution?  There's a lot about Ripley 8 that a new movie could explore and  benefit from. 

-Windebieste.

Shamo

Exactly! I always interested in seeing Ripley 8 evolve! Character or Creature wise. They should at least release a comic or something. Or maybe we should write one and pitch it!

T Dog

HICKS should the top 2 threads here be merged since they basically about the same thing?

CthulhuQueen

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 28, 2015, 04:00:04 AM
'Ripley 8, Monotreme'

Win!

Also, yes, more Fassbender can only be a good thing. I'm optimistic about this film.

atlantis

One big Pro with multiple David's is, if you've seen one, you've seen them all  ;D ::) ;D

Primordial

Quote from: Shamo on Nov 28, 2015, 03:03:21 AM
Now the only question is- will he give that Ooze a try, grow four arms and have strange plants growing out of the Covenant?

Another vote for black goo on plants.

Quote from: Chris P on Nov 27, 2015, 07:24:31 PM
Our anon source however did mention the revisitation of LV-223, ... Kind of disappointed Shaw takes a backseat in this one though.

I'm very fond of Prometheus but it's time to move on. No need to see this moon in the sequels, unless something important has to be found, but what ? ... Quotes are good enough imo.
I also share your disappointment about Shaw. So I hope her appearences on screen are going to be rich emotionally speaking.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Nov 28, 2015, 10:22:35 PM

Our anon source however did mention the revisitation of LV-223, ... Kind of disappointed Shaw takes a backseat in this one though.

I'm very fond of Prometheus but it's time to move on. No need to see this moon in the sequels, unless something important has to be found, but what ? ... Quotes are good enough imo.
I also share your disappointment about Shaw. So I hope her appearences on screen are going to be rich emotionally speaking.

LV 223 is another loose end. But for whatever reason I also don't want to see what happens there in this movie.

Infected

Infected

Shaw will play a small role, so she will probably be in a flashback scene or two, on how she finds stuff and eventually gets killed or used by David with death as the end for her.

So i dont hope they go for the movie where there are no engineers and its all about psycho David who kills everybody slowly,
and experimenting on them.
Because going on on David is the same as going on on Ripley and stuff, its all done in Alien, seeing Ash go nuts and sabotaging,
same with David in Prometheus, this all sounds so familiar.....a flying Delorean?.....oh wait different movie...lets just hope,
Ridley really needs to go for the mystery and engineer stuff instead of the fubar android, even though worker Joe's where creepy in Isolation,
and are probably creepier then a xeno....with Giger gone and thus very little to none influence of some weird creations,
im very afraid Ridles will go down the path of the android haywire stuff,
its just another milk it dry we all seen it before.
I could be wrong thoug. :D

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Nov 28, 2015, 10:22:35 PM

There were 3 or 4 temples on LV-223 that were never explored.  I'm not saying there is anything different in any of the other temples, but you never know! Clearly Shaw and David had to go into another one to get to a fresh Juggernaut.  It would be a kicker if the ship they took off in had a few Engineers in Cryo along for the ride.

That always bugged me about Charlie Holloways reaction to finding some dead Engineers.  I remember thinking as I watched the movie in the theater, "You've got more temples to explore you dumbsh1t".

Quote from: Infected on Nov 29, 2015, 02:20:32 PM
Shaw will play a small role, so she will probably be in a flashback scene or two, on how she finds stuff and eventually gets killed or used by David with death as the end for her.

So i dont hope they go for the movie where there are no engineers and its all about psycho David who kills everybody slowly,
and experimenting on them.
Because going on on David is the same as going on on Ripley and stuff, its all done in Alien, seeing Ash go nuts and sabotaging,
same with David in Prometheus, this all sounds so familiar.....a flying Delorean?.....oh wait different movie...lets just hope,
Ridley really needs to go for the mystery and engineer stuff instead of the fubar android, even though worker Joe's where creepy in Isolation,
and are probably creepier then a xeno....with Giger gone and thus very little to none influence of some weird creations,
im very afraid Ridles will go down the path of the android haywire stuff,
its just another milk it dry we all seen it before.
I could be wrong thoug. :D

I completely agree.  Please don't give me a movie with a psycho android working autonomously using Alien tech to experiment on humans. I'm hoping the covenant is between David and some surviving Engineers.

Infected

Infected

Prometheus focussed much on the tunnelvision the crew had, enter the planet with no plan, never took the time to explore the other temples etc

And the only Covenant in the movie will be the ships name the colonist arrive in,
thats what i got out of it.

Could be wrong though :D

Could be they indeed hook up with someone or thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed