What are the good things about The Predator that you liked?

Started by Master Chief, Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

Author
What are the good things about The Predator that you liked? (Read 24,626 times)

Mr.Skinsuit

It felt like an episode of married with children where al(fugitive) is try to hide from peggy( the assassin upgraddde)  :-*

Komenja

Getting Jake Busey to play the son of the character his dad played in Predator 2 was pretty cool, though I wish the character had more to do in the movie.

Fugitive's escape scene was great. Him just taking a gun, spraying it indiscriminately down a hallway with one arm, and dropping it like trash afterwards is probably one of my favorite moments in the whole series to be honest. Fugitive in general was portrayed and executed very well I thought.

Uhh, I think I remember the Loonies having some good lines, though I can't remember any of the top of my head.

...Yeah that's all I got. There might be more stuff that I liked but I can't recall anything else through the miasma of "Maaaan, what is this bullshit" clouding my brain whenever I try to recall it. I should probably give it a re-watch to remember more clearly. 

Huggs

Jake was wasted. His character came across as weak, and his screen time was zilch.

Huntsman

I've still only seen the movie once. And I still don't feel like watching it again. Which only makes me treasure the first two films all the more.

[cancerblack]

I've seen it three times now. Guys, this may become another AvPR where the trashfire is so pure and terrible that I begin to enjoy it ironically.

Lord have mercy on my soul.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 22, 2019, 12:49:51 AMJake was wasted. His character came across as weak, and his screen time was zilch.

^ This, especially given what a big deal they made out of his casting in the run up to release.

Kradan

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 22, 2019, 07:27:00 AM
I've seen it three times now. Guys, this may become another AvPR where the trashfire is so pure and terrible that I begin to enjoy it ironically.

Lord have mercy on my soul.

Strange feeling, isn't it?  :)

I think it's already became another AVPR. Although, i find The Predator more ... fun, i suppose. AVPR is just dark and boring. The problem is can you or not enjoy such product. I personally can but i think it because i suspected what movie was gonna to be right after watching first trailer and I was OK with it. Also my father really liked the movie and his opinion influenced me. And i just can't hate anything A/P related because it requires too much of my physical and psychological strength and I think hatred is pretty exhausting feeling.

P.S. I DO NOT agitate anybody to like The Predator. No, no and no again.

Wweyland

I really loved the prequel novel!

yautjapet

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 22, 2019, 08:37:04 PM

I did too; I really enjoyed how much was written from the perspective of the predator, we don't get that a lot.

HuDaFuK

As bad as bits of The Predator are, comparing it to Requiem still strikes me as ridiculous.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: yautjapet on Apr 22, 2019, 10:09:12 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 22, 2019, 08:37:04 PM

I did too; I really enjoyed how much was written from the perspective of the predator, we don't get that a lot.

Agreed. The prequel novel was really fun, especially compared to the finished film.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 23, 2019, 08:03:52 AM
As bad as bits of The Predator are, comparing it to Requiem still strikes me as ridiculous.

It's down there at the bottom for me currently.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 23, 2019, 08:35:15 AMIt's down there at the bottom for me currently.

Fair, but it still has far more merit than Requiem. The breakout sequence alone was leagues better than all of Requiem put together.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that's very true. There's some real gold in it IMHO, but the package just fails me atm. I've really soured to it lately.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 23, 2019, 08:03:52 AM

What can you do ? People are often unrealistic when it came to analize a movie seriously, often goes for fun and giggles with nonsensical comparison instead.

[cancerblack]

Are you all forgetting that it started with me making a favorable comparison of the two?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed