What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 576,091 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Eat local honey. 

Huggs

Huggs

I had a lovely fire going 3 minutes ago. But now a storm is upon me. All the powers of Odin are being loosed upon the land. The trees are bending from hurricane winds. I see a funnel cloud in the constant lightning. I can hear the sheets of rain rolling towards me across the barren fields.

Whoa s***, time to run.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 09, 2020, 02:04:05 AM
I had a lovely fire going 3 minutes ago. But now a storm is upon me. All the powers of Odin are being loosed upon the land. The trees are bending from hurricane winds. I see a funnel cloud in the constant lightning. I can hear the sheets of rain rolling towards me across the barren fields.

Whoa s***, time to run.

Are you OK?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 09, 2020, 01:58:23 AM
Eat local honey.

I don't think he'd taste very good.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 09, 2020, 02:08:08 AM

Whoa s***, time to run.

Are you OK?

Absolutely. Looking forward to round 2 in a few minutes.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 09, 2020, 04:58:40 AM
Eat local honey.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 09, 2020, 02:08:08 AM

Whoa s***, time to run.

Are you OK?

Absolutely. Looking forward to round 2 in a few minutes.

A warm sunny and calm day in my home town. Stay safe.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Whoa s***, time to run.

Glad it made you happy today Huggs.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 09, 2020, 03:32:26 PM

Whoa s***, time to run.

Glad it made you happy today Huggs.

I love extreme weather.

By God I do love it so.

Huggs

Huggs

A relaxing morning at the range. And more storms moving in.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I think Huggs is the only person on AvPG that is as happy as a lark right now.  :(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 09, 2020, 04:58:40 AM
Eat local honey.

That's what Tabasco is for.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 12, 2020, 04:02:18 PM
I think Huggs is the only person on AvPG that is as happy as a lark right now.  :(

Actually, aside from one pretty minor inconvenience, I'm enjoying the hell out of this:

- physical distancing enforces my personal space, leading to massively reduced anxiety

- no societal expectations, leading to massively reduced anxiety

- all the normals going insane from staying home is funny (aside from the domestic violence bit...)

- TV and radio constantly doomsaying means they're actually entertaining for once

- I get to gloat about being right, ie; that this would be a huge deal

- power dynamic has shifted due to me being the member of the house allowed outside, giving me more agency

I actually haven't felt this good in a decade or more.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 14, 2020, 07:17:05 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 12, 2020, 04:02:18 PM

Actually, aside from one pretty minor inconvenience, I'm enjoying the hell out of this:

- physical distancing enforces my personal space, leading to massively reduced anxiety

- all the normals going insane from staying home is funny (aside from the domestic violence bit...)

- TV and radio constantly doomsaying means they're actually entertaining for once

- power dynamic has shifted due to me being the member of the house allowed outside, giving me more agency

I hear ya. You turn on the TV and they're like, "staying home is reducing the Curve. In other news, domestic abuse and suicide is up by 75%"

But out here in the country, nobody even talks to one another anyway and we all live far apart. So the world freaks out about social distancing, and out here we're all like "it's our time to shine baby"  :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteActually, aside from one pretty minor inconvenience, I'm enjoying the hell out of this:

Didn't I hear you bitchin' about no varnish, no glue, no f*king ice-cream, no online deliveries just the other day?  :P

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I bitch 24/7 regardless. The no hobby stuff is the minor inconvenience I mention, other than that my supplies of food, beer and cigarettes are all fine and the world is a friendlier place than usual for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed