Halloween (2018) / Halloween Kills (2021) / Halloween Ends (2022)

Started by Shasvre, Sep 15, 2017, 09:03:08 PM

Author
Halloween (2018) / Halloween Kills (2021) / Halloween Ends (2022) (Read 34,369 times)

Stitch

Can't believe just how disappointing this movie is. To go from such heights to such depths in one fell swoop. Crazy that it was made by the same people.

Nightmare Asylum

I think it was about on par with the last one, it's just that the last one aped Carpenter's style more and this one instead played as a sort of grungy, grindhouse-esque revenge thriller.

Neither is nearly as good as the original film, but both are better than any of the other non-Halloween 3 followups that I've seen.

BigDaddyJohn

Halloween 2018 never reached any particular heights in the first place to be honest.

KiramidHead

Kills has some dumb moments and some really iffy dialogue that gets repeated way too much, but I had a lot of fun with it.

BigDaddyJohn

Did Michael already beat Jason in this one ? Or will he have to wait for the next movie to do so ? Did he at least beat the 2018 movie performance ?

Shasvre

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 19, 2021, 10:42:59 AM
Did Michael already beat Jason in this one ? Or will he have to wait for the next movie to do so ? Did he at least beat the 2018 movie performance ?

I'm unsure about the numbers compared to Jason.

Spoiler
But he must have killed over twenty people in this one.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Good, Mickey don't get rusty apparently.

Master Chief

Master Chief

It was ok.  Myers didn't disappoint when it comes to killing.  I even felt some kind of emotion with him in a certain scene. haha

I'm also a fan of how everyone still makes incredibly dumb decisions when it comes to surviving.  :laugh:

Sabres21768

This was one of the DUMBEST movies I've ever seen. Poorly written, horribly acted...I couldn't even finish it.

I'll watch the rest when I have nothing better to do.

Kradan

Jigsaw85

Story wise, this movie was a mess. How many plot lines, flash backs and characters do you need in a simple slasher movie? On the bright side: Michael had a lot of great moments, too bad Laurie didn't get to do anything. I hope Halloween Ends sticks the landing.

Voodoo Magic

I actually enjoyed it more than the 2018 entry to be honest. They amped the brutality which worked for the film imo. I enjoyed the crazed town. I just wish it ended on the...

Spoiler
oh so satisfying "Gotcha" line and Michael getting the sh*t kicked out of him. Sure you could close the film on the Laurie Strode dialogue that Michael can't be killed the way we think so, then maybe show Michael's "dead" hand move before you cut to black, but give the audience that sh*t kicking win. Let Michael kill them all like the fire fighters in the beginning of the third movie dammit!
[close]

Local Trouble

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 25, 2021, 10:25:15 PM
Spoiler
Let Michael kill them all like the fire fighters in the beginning of the third movie dammit!
[close]

Spoiler
But that might upset people.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

That was straight up a bad movie definitely, but the way Michael f**ks up people cracks me up, I can't help it. The ending is very cheesy though.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 01, 2021, 04:40:22 PM
That was straight up a bad movie definitely, but the way Michael f**ks up people cracks me up, I can't help it. The ending is very cheesy though.

Sounds like a good review to me!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed