Old school predator (Spoiler)

Started by Milan, Mar 19, 2010, 12:40:27 PM

Author
Old school predator (Spoiler) (Read 56,153 times)

chazo136

chazo136

u all have it wrong with the self destruct part saying its dishonourable because they have a rule that says they have to activate it to avoid capture if imminent because they cannot allow the humans to get that technology

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

There ain't no such rule that's been established in the films. Expanded Universe Canon and Film Canon are separate until the rules of the expanded universe cross over.

Darklarik

Darklarik

Quote from: Milan on Mar 23, 2010, 03:33:19 AM
Quote from: Sylizar on Mar 23, 2010, 02:59:08 AM
QuoteKilling while cloaked is against the code and punishable by death if the Predator gets caught doing it.

That's pretty stupid. Anytime did that numerous times, as did Pussyface.

Well, they are allowed to kill while being cloaked while their presence is known, or if someone is in their way while they are going in for the kill of their selected target.
Like the train scene, everyone with a gun standing between "lone ranger" and "Pussyface" can be killed while being cloaked.

It's all in the code.
And most the code is based of Anytimes actions in the movie.

Here it is...

Rule 5. Never kill while cloaked.
It is very dishonorable for a Hunter to kill
prey while he is cloaked. It ignores all laws of
fair and honorable hunting, and giving
the prey a fighting chance. A Predator
who is discovered doing this is usually
banished from the Clan, and is
considered fair game for other Hunters.
The only exception with this is to
"remove" anything standing between the
Hunter and his prey, or if a creature
attacks the Hunter that he is not
Hunting.

i would agree but, if that the case when he accepted arnie's challege he walked in camoflauged, its just a quinsidense arnie saww him and shot that boom arrow, so your predator wasent following the rule.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

There ain't any code.

Doomofman

Danger Close

Danger Close

The Predator is a Hunter first, the honor part simply plays on it's ego. It's like a cat playing with a dead mouse, for shits and giggles.

Darklarik

Darklarik

Why do samurai commit suicide? to preserve honor!
this hunter, is an expanding concept from which we can only assume things about, what is cannon to the story and what is? how do we decide, the movies, game, books ect.
the original creators just invented this intergalactic hunter, so its their right to decide whats cannon or not, so if you see honor and bad blood in the bbooks and comic what makes them any different from the P2,Avp, and AvpR or any game for that matter. I DO belive they have a code of honor, the fact is that they arent runnig around with a plasma machine gun to kill humans proves it, they prefer using primeval weopns: knives, disks all sharp close range weopons against  say a guy with a gatling gun? i say their a sense of honor their. I think all sources expand on the predator culture (to exeption of course), if they make something that kindoff fits correctly into their culture than thats acceptable. in AVP what is considered "right of passage", honor from killing an alien, hence mark themselves like humans did to show the honor of defeating their foes. and at the end of P2, the pred hand him a colt, HAVE you ever considered he got that from having a western duel? a code of honor in western time to settle a challege. if they have plasma bassed weopons they could easily make a rifle that could hit a target miles of, what honor is they in that. the methods they have shown proves they have a complex systems with exeptions and forgiveness, that until (or if ever) reveiled, one shouldent jump to the conclusion of no honor.

PS hass anyone wondered how this thread got so off topic????

Doomofman

Doomofman

As I've said so many times.... When you're looking for what's cannon in regards to the movies, you can only include things seen in the movies themselves... No directors commentaries, no books, no comics....  Just what everyone sees on the screen. General audience members wont know anything outside of the movies so that's all that matters...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Exactly, and what most people agree on is that the expanded universe (games, comics, etc.) are not considered to be canon. The only thing that is canon is what is established in the movies. Why the hell do you think there is no such thing as a praetorian? Cus it ain't canon, not until some jackass decides to bring it over to the films.

Dark Passenger

QuoteWhy do samurai commit suicide? to preserve honor!

there is alot of reasons why people commit suicide, hell in present day people do it but not for honour.

just because predators kill themselves doesnt mean it has anything to do with honour.

the honour theme on predators is BS to me,

predators are evil intergalactic aliens and thats why the first 2 predator films are good.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I used to incorporate the idea of honor in the pred films, nowadays I don't do that anymore because I realised how dumb it is, but if one wants to incorporate it, it sure does fit, but don't f**king give me any bullshit about rules. The rules were thought up after some guy saw the movies a billion times and then proceeded on saying that their rules go from don't kill children to don't kill pregnant women and so on.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 14, 2010, 02:15:39 PM
I used to incorporate the idea of honor in the pred films, nowadays I don't do that anymore because I realised how dumb it is, but if one wants to incorporate it, it sure does fit, but don't f**king give me any bullshit about rules. The rules were thought up after some guy saw the movies a billion times and then proceeded on saying that their rules go from don't kill children to don't kill pregnant women and so on.

i just like seing them as sadistic killers, if you watch the first 2 that definately fits.

but in AvP its like wahh? these arent predators

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well they aren't JUST sadistic killers, but yeah.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 14, 2010, 02:24:26 PM
Well they aren't JUST sadistic killers, but yeah.

i mean thats like they're memo, they enjoy killing as a sport.

Master

Master

Quote from: Doomofman on Apr 13, 2010, 10:53:24 PM
As I've said so many times.... When you're looking for what's cannon in regards to the movies, you can only include things seen in the movies themselves... No directors commentaries, no books, no comics....  Just what everyone sees on the screen. General audience members wont know anything outside of the movies so that's all that matters...
Completely right. If there are some rules, then in very primal shape. More like guidelines than rules pre se, and I`d consider only one about pregnancy (in order to preserve species for future hunts). Rest is BS IMO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed