Informations.

Started by Johnny Handsome, Oct 21, 2009, 10:02:33 PM

Author
Informations. (Read 168,837 times)

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I forgot that was even in Aliens.
Am I the only one who preferred the heat vision from the original Predator ?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jul 09, 2010, 11:51:20 AM
I forgot that was even in Aliens.
Am I the only one who preferred the heat vision from the original Predator ?

I'm with ya, was one of my gripes, vision looked a bit PC game like.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

That's exactly what I was thinking, looked like a video game. A small complaint all the same.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Seeing it tonight!

So, question: Do the Predators use any weapons other than the wrist blades and the shoulder canon in this movie?

I mean, that's all the original Predator had, and that's the only movie Rodriguez has any respect or tolerance for.

But I'm hoping we see a spear or two anyway!

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Bishop2 on Jul 09, 2010, 01:41:43 PM
Seeing it tonight!

So, question: Do the Predators use any weapons other than the wrist blades and the shoulder canon in this movie?

I mean, that's all the original Predator had, and that's the only movie Rodriguez has any respect or tolerance for.

Nothing new really. I guess if you count the dogs and falcon as extra tools for the hunt. Mr. Black tends to use his hands alot ripping out spines. I didn't mind not having new weapons.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Zildjian on Jul 09, 2010, 01:48:03 PM
Seeing it tonight!

Nothing new really. I guess if you count the dogs and falcon as extra tools for the hunt. Mr. Black tends to use his hands alot ripping out spines. I didn't mind not having new weapons.

I wasn't looking for anything ACTUALLY new. Just stuff from Predator 2 on-forward. So you mean they don't use any of the weapons from Predator 2, then? No spears, no disks, no nets - nothing but the gun and the wristblades?

Disappointing.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

Is there a healing scene? (haven't watched it yet)

von

von

Quote from: ElderPredator on Jul 09, 2010, 01:59:32 PM

No, there isn't.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: ElderPredator on Jul 09, 2010, 01:59:32 PM

Spoiler
No.

1. Stans only manages to stab Mr Black. A tiny scratch.

2. Mr. Black does get a chance to heal after he gets shot and Royce goes nuts with the axe on his face.
[close]

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

There are nets yes, but they aren't the cutting type, just for trapping. In fact traps are used more in this one in general.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Someone on another forum said that the spear and wrist-bolt from Predator 2 DO in fact appear...

Hmmm? True?

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

They might, there's alot of action.
Also, there's an Alien skull.

Aran

Aran

Quote from: Bishop2 on Jul 09, 2010, 01:53:37 PM
Quote from: Zildjian on Jul 09, 2010, 01:48:03 PM
Seeing it tonight!

I wasn't looking for anything ACTUALLY new. Just stuff from Predator 2 on-forward. So you mean they don't use any of the weapons from Predator 2, then? No spears, no disks, no nets - nothing but the gun and the wristblades?

Disappointing.

Why is it disappointing? Clearly we are shown a new tribe of Predators. Bad bloods with a different kind of mindset, skills and weaponry.

What were you expecting? A Predator rescue commando team to come and help retrieve Classic? I'd expect a Mothership would appear in he sky and shoots 3 pods to the ground and out comes 3 Uber Predators armed to the effin' teeth with everything they got even unleashing an Alien or two to thwart Blackie...

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Aran on Jul 09, 2010, 03:53:40 PM

Why is it disappointing? Clearly we are shown a new tribe of Predators. Bad bloods with a different kind of mindset, skills and weaponry.

What were you expecting? A Predator rescue commando team to come and help retrieve Classic? I'd expect a Mothership would appear in he sky and shoots 3 pods to the ground and out comes 3 Uber Predators armed to the effin' teeth with everything they got even unleashing an Alien or two to thwart Blackie...

It's disappointing because I wanted something in this movie to blatantly go against Rodriguez's continued insistence that it completely ignores all of the sequels after the first Predator. I wanted evidence that Predator 2 is clearly still part of canon.

Aran

Aran

Quote from: Bishop2 on Jul 09, 2010, 04:18:55 PM
Quote from: Aran on Jul 09, 2010, 03:53:40 PM

It's disappointing because I wanted something in this movie to blatantly go against Rodriguez's continued insistence that it completely ignores all of the sequels after the first Predator. I wanted evidence that Predator 2 is clearly still part of canon.

beggars cant be choosers, mate..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed