Bear Grylls

Bear Grylls

Some set pics :)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Source?

love_mangoes

love_mangoes

i really hope predators will be better than Predator 2 (which was no doubt good, but such a let down from the first one :() ....

Master

Master

You`ve got hight hopes.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on May 26, 2010, 07:19:08 PM
You`ve got hight hopes.

He's got high hopes.. He's got hiiiiiigh hopes.. he's got high apple pie in the skkkyyyyy hopes..

-Rakai'Thwei

Master

Master

I just can`t understand what was such let down in P2. The fact that it wasn`t exact copy of first one? If so then people should be happy with Predators :-\

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on May 26, 2010, 07:22:57 PM
I just can`t understand what was such let down in P2. The fact that it wasn`t exact copy of first one? If so then people should be happy with Predators :-\

I hear you man.

The major complaint I hear about Predator 2 is that it wasn't in the jungle, and that Arnold was not in it.

If you ask me, that's what made Predator 2 great! It wasn't a god-damn rehashing of the first movie, and it had a very down to earth character in the form of Michael R. Harrigan, who had a fear of heights, wasn't exactly the tempered super hero soldier that Dutch was, and was an average guy who people could relate to-- more so than Dutch anyway.

-Rakai'Thwei

love_mangoes

love_mangoes

all i'm saying is that arny is WAY better for these types of films....

dont get me wrong, danny glover is awesome ( lethal weapon never gets old :) ) but you cant beat schwarzenegger man :P

Dark Jester

Dark Jester

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 26, 2010, 07:25:39 PM

I hear you man.

The major complaint I hear about Predator 2 is that it wasn't in the jungle, and that Arnold was not in it.

If you ask me, that's what made Predator 2 great! It wasn't a god-damn rehashing of the first movie, and it had a very down to earth character in the form of Michael R. Harrigan, who had a fear of heights, wasn't exactly the tempered super hero soldier that Dutch was, and was an average guy who people could relate to-- more so than Dutch anyway.

-Rakai'Thwei

I disagree with your statement that the main reason people hate it is because it was not set in the jungle or had Arnie in it - the reason it and the AvP movies failed to live up to the original is that they all failed to deliver the single most important thing in a Predator franchise "The Hunt"!!

Why is the original great? great characters, great monster and most importantly edge of your seat tension from start to finnish. Yes they may be hard to relate but you grow to love the characters of the original and as each is picked off one by one your are left on the edge of your seat right up until the thrilling showdown at the end between Dutch and Anytime. All P2 gave us was a series of set pieces where characters we dont give a dam about get slaughtered and then followed by Danny Glover looking confused.

No tension, No fear, No Hunt = a piss poor Predator movie

love_mangoes

love_mangoes

good point dark jester ;)

but laurence fishburne is in predators.... therefore it will be unbelievable :)

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Dark Jester on May 27, 2010, 09:13:40 AM

I hear you man.

-Rakai'Thwei

I disagree with your statement that the main reason people hate it is because it was not set in the jungle or had Arnie in it - the reason it and the AvP movies failed to live up to the original is that they all failed to deliver the single most important thing in a Predator franchise "The Hunt"!!

Why is the original great? great characters, great monster and most importantly edge of your seat tension from start to finnish. Yes they may be hard to relate but you grow to love the characters of the original and as each is picked off one by one your are left on the edge of your seat right up until the thrilling showdown at the end between Dutch and Anytime. All P2 gave us was a series of set pieces where characters we dont give a dam about get slaughtered and then followed by Danny Glover looking confused.

I think that the movie just lacked tension at some points too. But it's respectable, that even like that, and with some cheesy moments it did deliver very good moments, and overall it is not a bad film. NO: it's a good movie, and I don't see either why is it bashed. And there are moments, when it has incredible atmosphere (decloaking predators in the end, the whole ship, King Wille and his death, the first strike on the columbians). Yes, it loses energy and tension at some point. But overall I think it's a good movie.

Billy

Billy

Quote from: 08yeyinde on May 28, 2010, 11:50:34 AM
Quote from: Dark Jester on May 27, 2010, 09:13:40 AM

I hear you man.

-Rakai'Thwei

I think that the movie just lacked tension at some points too. But it's respectable, that even like that, and with some cheesy moments it did deliver very good moments, and overall it is not a bad film. NO: it's a good movie, and I don't see either why is it bashed. And there are moments, when it has incredible atmosphere (decloaking predators in the end, the whole ship, King Wille and his death, the first strike on the columbians). Yes, it loses energy and tension at some point. But overall I think it's a good movie.

Absolutely. I've come to appreciate Predator 2 more and more, over time. It may not be the perfect sequel to Predator, but it expanded the Predator universe in a positive manner. The cheesy bits and one-liners are just part of what makes it a Predator film, although the scene with the old broom-lady was kind of an unnecessary moment of comic relief (in the middle of a climatic chase!) to me.
The movie was full of memorable scenes, like the subway sequence, or when the Predator clan appeared in front of Harrigan, or the scene where the Predator made his way across the street by jumping from car to car, denting their roofs in the process. Those are the scenes that stayed with me most, from when I was but a seven year old kid.

XenoVC

XenoVC

This isn't a Predator 2 discussion thread.

Go to the Predator Films discussion forum please.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed