Author
Informations. (Read 168,960 times)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Dzuksi on Jan 15, 2010, 10:59:15 AM
Quote from: Darkoo on Jan 15, 2010, 06:01:45 AM
And here is a hungarian interview with him about the movie
http://nol.hu/kult/20100109-magyar_vircsaft_texasban

That reporter was on the set when they filmed last scene. And he described it exactly as in leaked script.

the alternative ending? or the standard?

Can you post his exact words (obviously translated). The link is not opening for me :-[

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: Darkoo on Jan 15, 2010, 06:01:45 AM
New Photo of Nimród Antal on the Set of Predators

And here is a hungarian interview with him about the movie

(help: use google translate :P )

He looks bored.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Says Brody packed 10lbs worth of muscle...

also may be I misread but did the article also state...

Spoiler
That Royce was the sole survivor at the movies climax
[close]

Dzuksi

Dzuksi

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 15, 2010, 11:51:39 AM
the alternative ending? or the standard?

Can you post his exact words (obviously translated). The link is not opening for me :-[

Tonight I turned the final showdown, the film's last scene. In almost all dead, only Royce, that Brody is standing, he must contend with the predators on the planet burning jungle. "Royce selfish guy in this scene proves that it can self-sacrifice"

Doomofman

Doomofman

So it doesn't say he's the only survivor... Sounds to me like it's exactly as it is in the script...

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

No if you read on it says something it

Darkoo

Darkoo

QuoteI'm too lazy / busy / not good in English to translate it all, but here are some interesting parts:

...other than everyone praising everyone else, Antal talking about how lucky and grateful he is, some patriotic Hungarian talk etc...

Rodriguez says:
"I chose Nimrod because Kontroll rocked, which is the same kind of »ensemble«-movie, and I liked what he did with Vacancy and Armored. I gave him the script, we sat down for a coffee, and he impressed me as soon as he said that he plans to use the imagery of Bosch to bring this hell to life. He said he needed the eyes of Gyula Pados for this, and I gave my consent immediately, and I just let them work since then, because they are fascinating together. Sometimes I go out to the shooting and sit inside the editing room, but we think so much alike that I barely say a word."

Walter Goggins says:
"Nimrod's soul is clear, there's no trace of cynism in there. In his mind Predators is not about all-out action, but about entangled human lives."
Oleg Taktarov says:
"I've played in National Treasure too, but it's a huge difference! Nimrod and Pados have incredible eyes, they are poets. They have a good feeling of shades between black and white, they know human relationships well, and have a realistic idea about internationality, atonement and team play unlike many hollywood shams."

The surprisingly muscular Adrien Brody smiles on the negative opinions about casting him as an action hero and says:
"I've been stuffing myself and working out for three months! But I hope I managed to fill this character with emotional and intellectual depth too."

Antal Nimrod says:
"My heroes are fighting against predators, while they themselves are predators too. The world is full with cruel people, and we've chosen the most unscrupulous ones. For me the biggest challenge was that even though it is a sci-fi action movie, we had to keep things with both feet on the ground, because if the conditions are realistic, fears are working better too. It is undeniably an action movie, but I think with a good portrayal of characters it works as a drama too. Something like my favorite movie from this year, District 9. If I had only concentrated on the special effects, that would have resulted in a very shallow movie."

seems like MAJOR SPOILERS at the end here, be warned!

!SPOILERS!

They started shooting on Hawaii, near Hilo. The last third of the movie will be shot in the external locations of Rodriguez's studio, because they will set the jungle on fire. In the final scenes, when all other characters have perished, there's only Royce (Brody) left standing, and he has to face the predators in the burning jungle. This otherwise very selfish character will then prove that he is capable of sacrifice.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424381/board/thread/155372404?d=latest&t=20100115051603#latest

Doomofman

Doomofman

Spoiler
Ok my big problem with all of this is... The last bit... Saying that Royce is the last one left... How in the hell is he supposed to make a sacrifice if there's no one to save?
[close]

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 15, 2010, 01:32:47 PM
Spoiler
Ok my big problem with all of this is... The last bit... Saying that Royce is the last one left... How in the hell is he supposed to make a sacrifice if there's no one to save?
[close]

good, Im glad you spotted it as well. I picked it up whilst reading the google translation and thought I misread.

If this is true, then this could mean that the ending has changed slightly.
Spoiler
However they could have filmed the Edwin/Isabelle scenes earlier.
[close]

Doomofman

Doomofman

I assume it's just an error on the part of whoever wrote the article

Master

Master

Or not. Also burning jungle is interesting. I don`t think it was in script we all read.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Master on Jan 15, 2010, 01:38:41 PM
Or not. Also burning jungle is interesting. I don`t think it was in script we all read.

There was certainly fire in the final scene of script we have...

Yeah the script may be different..
Spoiler
Doesn't take away from the fact you can't make a Selfless Sacrifice if everyone else is dead...
[close]

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 15, 2010, 01:32:47 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
could be just a bad interpreation of the scene by the reporter. Based on the leaked script, Royce was about to be selfish and leave Edwin and Isabelle marooned on the planet. However, he came back to rescue them and fight the BSP. So its kind of a sacrafise. Most likely the Edwin and Isabelle pit scenes where filmed earlier and the reporter never saw it.

Also, I remember reading on another older set report where Royce is described as saying something about "going after the Berzerker" - what the hell is that? its not in the script...
[close]

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Master on Jan 15, 2010, 01:38:41 PM

yes it was dude. it was a key scene in the script. Im suprised you missed it?

Master

Master

Spoiler
I read this script once. I do remember the fight between BSP and Pred, but forget about burning jungle. It must have started after BSP and Pred were shooting at each other.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed