Informations.

Started by Johnny Handsome, Oct 21, 2009, 10:02:33 PM

Author
Informations. (Read 169,006 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: AncientPred on Jan 03, 2010, 02:09:56 AM
AICN and CHUD have both been banned by Fox, but thats not a bad thing.

But my point is this: Since Knowels and Tarantino are friends with Roddy, how can we take what Knowels and Tarantino say with credibility while not looking like it's favoritism by friendship being a factor?

Now, if the movie is good, and surprises everyone, and even gets me to like it, then great... but if not.. what then?

-Rakai'Thwei

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 03, 2010, 02:05:38 AM
Quote from: Pinkman on Jan 03, 2010, 12:23:23 AM
Well I'd go with the pessimistics guys with this one, it's Quint, a friend of Robert Rodriguez.

And apparently, Harry Knowels is also friends with Rodriguez. And Harry Knowels, who said, that he loved Predator 2, suddenly turned his back on it and wants to forget it. And I quote from Harry:

Quote"I loved Predator because how REAL it was, but Predator 2 is just hilarious because how UNREAL it was."
[/b]

Since Knowels, Tarantino, and Roddy are tight with each other, we need to be wary on what the former two say. I'm refering to Knowels and Tarantino. So take what those two say with a grain of salt, like Doomofman says.

Knowels especially, since he has been banned from critics screening by Fox.

-Rakai'Thwei

That makes absolutely no sense to me.  :o I'd say the first film felt realistic for about half an hour but then there's this 7ft creature that likes to hunt humans that occasionally pops up from time to time.  ::)

AncientPred

AncientPred

I can't speak for Harry, but if there is favoritism its more than likely unintentional. Friends can be friends and call eachother on their sh*t when it come to their work. I will say that he is someone who is extremely enthusiastic about movies in general. And he's completely unapologetic about what he loves. That being said he's not afraid of speaking his mind when it comes to posting negative reviews. Just look at his review for Terminator:Salvation, a review so bad that the director actually called him and said; "WTF?". And while enthusiastic the guys at CHUD are quite objective and fearless with what they do.

Movies can always surprise. How many times has the word of mouth been good, or even great, on a movie than people see it and whatever was spoken of before was somehow completely lost during the process. Its not unheard of. I would like to say; don't take it personally. But as a fanboy thats pretty hard for me to do. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Thanks for replying Ancient. Just what I wanted to hear...

Now to watch Roseanne for the rest of the night.

-Rakai'Thwei

AncientPred

AncientPred

Right on. I hope it addressed at least some concerns. As for any others, they may not be laid to rest until the films release.

jordan

jordan

Knowles is an exposure hound.  Always has been.  I remember the hoopla in 2002/3 from him over getting his head in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: AncientPred on Jan 03, 2010, 03:06:59 AM
I can't speak for Harry, but if there is favoritism its more than likely unintentional. Friends can be friends and call eachother on their sh*t when it come to their work. I will say that he is someone who is extremely enthusiastic about movies in general. And he's completely unapologetic about what he loves. That being said he's not afraid of speaking his mind when it comes to posting negative reviews. Just look at his review for Terminator:Salvation, a review so bad that the director actually called him and said; "WTF?". And while enthusiastic the guys at CHUD are quite objective and fearless with what they do.

Movies can always surprise. How many times has the word of mouth been good, or even great, on a movie than people see it and whatever was spoken of before was somehow completely lost during the process. Its not unheard of. I would like to say; don't take it personally. But as a fanboy thats pretty hard for me to do. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Do you have proof that McG called him?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: jordan on Jan 03, 2010, 12:51:19 PM
Knowles is an exposure hound.  Always has been.  I remember the hoopla in 2002/3 from him over getting his head in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

We know your thoughts on Harry, Jordan, but what is your stance on what Tarantino said in regaurds to what he has seen on the set so far?

-Rakai'Thwei

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 03, 2010, 08:10:58 PM
Quote from: jordan on Jan 03, 2010, 12:51:19 PM

We know your thoughts on Harry, Jordan, but what is your stance on what Tarantino said in regaurds to what he has seen on the set so far?

-Rakai'Thwei

What did Tarantino say?  ???

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 03, 2010, 08:16:14 PM
What did Tarantino say?  ???

QuoteThis one is sneaking under the radar a bit. I had no idea it was going to be a Summer 2010 movie until very recently. I've seen some things I'm not allowed to talk about, but I can say that this jaded cynical geek who has seen his childhood heroes ruined in remakes, reboots and sequels over the last decade is a firm believer in this film. Suits instead of CG, neat story and Nimrod Antal getting his chance to play with some huge geek properties. I hope I can say more in the near future, but I will say this should be high on your anticipation list. Adrien Brody, Danny Trejo, Laurence Fishburne, Derek Mears (Jason in the Friday the 13th remake), Alice Braga and Topher Grace round out the cast. Oh, and some giant dudes with dreadlocks, crooked teeth and bad attitudes.

That.

But then Pinkman debunked it as Tarantino saying that.

QuoteWell I'd go with the pessimistics guys with this one, it's Quint, a friend of Robert Rodriguez.
What is interesting though, is that he doesn't mention his name and he's seen things we haven't, so atleast it's professional.

-Rakai'Thwei

Doomofman

Doomofman

Huh? Quint from AICN is Tarantino?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quentin Tarantino has not commented on Predators.

Why are you making it seem like Quint is Tarantino, Rakai?

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 02, 2010, 11:32:43 PM
From Aint It Cool New's 2010 Preview...
QuoteThis one is sneaking under the radar a bit. I had no idea it was going to be a Summer 2010 movie until very recently. I've seen some things I'm not allowed to talk about, but I can say that this jaded cynical geek who has seen his childhood heroes ruined in remakes, reboots and sequels over the last decade is a firm believer in this film. Suits instead of CG, neat story and Nimrod Antal getting his chance to play with some huge geek properties. I hope I can say more in the near future, but I will say this should be high on your anticipation list. Adrien Brody, Danny Trejo, Laurence Fishburne, Derek Mears (Jason in the Friday the 13th remake), Alice Braga and Topher Grace round out the cast. Oh, and some giant dudes with dreadlocks, crooked teeth and bad attitudes.

Not impressed. You're supposed to use suits...you're supposed to have a good story. These are necessities.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

My mistake!

Cause when I read that Quint was a friend, the first person that came to mind was Tarantino.

Quint is short for Quinten, isn't it? Hence, my honest mistake.

-Rakai'Thwei

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quentin is how Tarantino spells if AFAIK

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quint =/= Quentin

When would he have time to post online anyway?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed