Informations.

Started by Johnny Handsome, Oct 21, 2009, 10:02:33 PM

Author
Informations. (Read 168,681 times)

Mike The Wolf

Mike The Wolf

Why can't Derek Mears or whoever just say what character he's playing. Everybody else is announced, so why keep his character secret. If he's playing a Predator just say it. OK I'm done ranting, thanks for listening :)

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 29, 2009, 09:09:52 PM
They did some kick ass creatures and prostetic make-up effects in the past.

I especially like their props though:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2dumf54.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/11j23pc.jpg

Whats the most noticable thing is that they did those things for fun, and the Alien already looks better than what we got in the last 3 movies.

What did they make the alien costume for?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Just for fun.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

They make all kinds of props for their workshops, just to have a cool environment to work in.

Moody

Moody

At least one of those guys from the studio worked on the original Predator with Stan. So I hope they got the normal predator perfect this time around.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Moody on Dec 31, 2009, 08:44:41 AM
At least one of those guys from the studio worked on the original Predator with Stan. So I hope they got the normal predator perfect this time around.
That doesn't say much though. Gillis and Woodruff from ADI both worked on the original Predator and Aliens, their designs still sucked (Wolf was OK, but the face was still shitty).

Their Alien gives gives me confidence though, i hope when they say "we went back and looked at the original" they really did this.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Dec 30, 2009, 06:29:34 PM
Just for fun.

That's surprising. ADI are contracted to make the alien costumes and these guys have made something for fun which is closer to the original design than ADI's version ever was.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Which fills me with much optimism. Hopefully their predator design is just as promising.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Dec 31, 2009, 07:58:53 PM
Which fills me with much optimism. Hopefully their predator design is just as promising.

Probably for the normal Predator, anyway.

With the Mutant BSPs, we'll probably see something new.

-Rakai'Thwei

Doomofman

Doomofman

From Aint It Cool New's 2010 Preview...
QuoteThis one is sneaking under the radar a bit. I had no idea it was going to be a Summer 2010 movie until very recently. I've seen some things I'm not allowed to talk about, but I can say that this jaded cynical geek who has seen his childhood heroes ruined in remakes, reboots and sequels over the last decade is a firm believer in this film. Suits instead of CG, neat story and Nimrod Antal getting his chance to play with some huge geek properties. I hope I can say more in the near future, but I will say this should be high on your anticipation list. Adrien Brody, Danny Trejo, Laurence Fishburne, Derek Mears (Jason in the Friday the 13th remake), Alice Braga and Topher Grace round out the cast. Oh, and some giant dudes with dreadlocks, crooked teeth and bad attitudes.

AncientPred

AncientPred

I was just about to post that :)

Pinkman

Pinkman

Well I'd go with the pessimistics guys with this one, it's Quint, a friend of Robert Rodriguez.
What is interesting though, is that he doesn't mention his name and he's seen things we haven't, so atleast it's professional.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Yeah, I definitely take things I read on AICN with a massive pinch of salt... But the fact they again mention the fact the Predators are done with suit work at least makes me optimistic that the movie will LOOK half decent... And that's half the battle for me, I'm a Michael Bay fan so I'm well used to mediocre movies that look great  :P

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Pinkman on Jan 03, 2010, 12:23:23 AM
Well I'd go with the pessimistics guys with this one, it's Quint, a friend of Robert Rodriguez.

And apparently, Harry Knowels is also friends with Rodriguez. And Harry Knowels, who said, that he loved Predator 2, suddenly turned his back on it and wants to forget it. And I quote from Harry:

Quote"I loved Predator because how REAL it was, but Predator 2 is just hilarious because how UNREAL it was."

Since Knowels, Tarantino, and Roddy are tight with each other, we need to be wary on what the former two say. I'm refering to Knowels and Tarantino. So take what those two say with a grain of salt, like Doomofman says.

Knowels especially, since he has been banned from critics screening by Fox.

-Rakai'Thwei

AncientPred

AncientPred

AICN and CHUD have both been banned by Fox, but thats not a bad thing. Thats actually quite good because they, CHUD in particular, don't hold back from posting negative reviews and being critical of studios, especially Fox. And Fox is quite adament on trying to push positive reviews and opinions of their product.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed