Informations.

Started by Johnny Handsome, Oct 21, 2009, 10:02:33 PM

Author
Informations. (Read 168,937 times)

SM

SM

So if it turns out good, and he gives a favourable review is it still favouritism?

jordan

jordan

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 21, 2009, 11:57:03 PM
Quote from: jordan on Dec 21, 2009, 11:54:19 PM
But I'll guarantee one place to give it glowing reviews - AICN.

Which is founded, and owned by Harry Knowles, who is infact close friends with Robert Rodriguez.

And, this is just an assumption, but seeing as he may want to remain in Roddy's inner circle, he'll probably give it a glowing review.

Favouritism much?

-Rakai'Thwei

Have you read the crap he writes? Buddys this, family friends that.  Also, since Rodriguez turned on Predator 2 - Knowles just happens to go off it.  AICN circle-jerk confirmed.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Dec 21, 2009, 11:58:17 PM
So if it turns out good, and he gives a favourable review is it still favouritism?

If it's good, it'll be a surprise. An honestly founded surprise.

Let me ask, why does everyone go to see a Predator movie?

For me, I like to see Predator character and how they are treated in faithfulness to Diablo Predator (Anytime) and Ghost Predator (Pussyface), and the new feats and weapons they carry while remaining true to the original concept.

Quote from: jordan on Dec 22, 2009, 12:00:35 AM
Have you read the crap he writes? Buddys this, family friends that.  Also, since Rodriguez turned on Predator 2 - Knowles just happens to go off it.  AICN circle-jerk confirmed.

I pretty much agreed with you there, Jordan. I've read some of the things Knowles writes.

-Rakai'Thwei

SM

SM

Why?

QuoteLet me ask, why does everyone go to see a Predator movie?

To see 'The Most Dangerous Game' where the hunter is a crab faced Rastafarian from space.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

In all fairness, a there hasn't been a crowd pleasing Predator movie since the first one, so I guess off of that, they go for ingenuity?

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

From what I have heard there has never been a crowd pleasing Predator movie? Was not Predator originally panned but people grew to love it over time?

keylight-di

keylight-di

These aren't the most important movies in history of cinematography. Even I can see it.  ;D
But these movies have some kind of magic, that they  attract successive generations of fans, fascinated, regardless the passage of time. This makes them so unusual. The characters, the stories... so, it's matter of taste, very personal. But I think, that this makes this movies so unusual. I think that many generations will discover the good old P1, if only because they will see   AvP as the first or  coming movie . Magic is still alive. ;)
I'm not sure that it not attracted to the cinema a lot of people. But it made them interest enough that the myth could survive for so many years. And still is attractive. ;D

Weasel

Weasel

Because it's overdue and because it has "Robert Rodriguez" on it. People will be like "oh Predator and that guy that made Sim City."

Doomofman

Doomofman

comingsoon.net

QuoteRobert Rodriguez's Predators is scheduled for a July 7, 2010 release. Be sure to check back soon for the full set report later!

Dunno what to make of that

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteWas not Predator originally panned but people grew to love it over time?
People loved the movie when it came out. It was the #1 film at that time.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

A Spanish website claims that this is the first international teaser poster for Predators...

It looks mighty fake, no studio logos also, and its pretty awful.

I wanted to post it anyway as someone would have probably done it sooner or later.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18471

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Good god, it's as if they are using the image of wolf and scar and putting them together to make a mask, jesus christ, obvious fake, and if it isn't, god.

keylight-di

keylight-di

I hope it's fake... Fan-made posters I saw here, on this site were much, much better...  :-\

Pinkman

Pinkman

Of course it is fake...

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I never thought people would think it's not fake, i mean come on, my dog can do a better poster  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed