Informations.

Started by Johnny Handsome, Oct 21, 2009, 10:02:33 PM

Author
Informations. (Read 168,673 times)

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

I meant to say half my bad but the point i was getting to was at least we know he can do good with a bad script and low budget so that something to keep ur head up on Predators

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

The reviews so far all said that the direction is top notch, but that the movie ultimately suffers from the generic script with no surprises left thx to the trailer.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Yeah I agree with a lot of the reviews I've been hearing as well, Nimrod seems to be a very talented director with a unique style. I enjoyed Vacancy very much, but I haven't had a chance to see Armored yet, but I can see how the script might not be anything too special.

I did however get a change to see Kontroll recently, which I thought was a very interesting film with a creative story. So I think that this director will give Predators a very nice visual appearance, and hopefully the story is creative and flows well.

O.W.L.F.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Derek Mears in Austin, last night.

Slowly i start to believe that he really is playing a Predator, he's been in Austin since start of November and is still there... i guess they wouldn't need a month to shoot the Noland scene.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Whoses Twitter was that?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2009, 02:07:28 PM
Whoses Twitter was that?
This guy http://twitter.com/scottEweinberg

Also, look at Mears face and neck, he looks a lot thinner than usual.

jordan

jordan

I guess Meers is playing the 'small Predator'. 

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: jordan on Dec 12, 2009, 04:54:09 PM
I guess Meers is playing the 'small Predator'. 
Him being more athletic than usual is a good sign, means less bulky Predator.

Undeadite

Undeadite

He's only as bulky as the thick rubber suit.

The Demon

The Demon

If its true - I really hope he nails every subtle movement like Ian Whyte did.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I love his performance as Jason.

Hopefully he studied the Predator character just as much as he did with Jason to give the right performance. He certainly is very passionate at what he does.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 12, 2009, 03:30:11 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2009, 02:07:28 PM
Whoses Twitter was that?
This guy http://twitter.com/scottEweinberg

Also, look at Mears face and neck, he looks a lot thinner than usual.

He was about that size when I met him, which was a few months ago. I could be wrong though.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

2009 has been one of the busiest years for you in a very busy decade. This year alone, you worked on everything from "Jennifer's Body" and "Survival of the Dead" to "Public Enemies," and 2010 looks like it'll be more of the same. How do you keep that pace and keep the ideas fresh?

It's challenging. The film that I'm on right now, "Predators" -- I've worked with Robert Rodriguez [the film's co-writer and executive producer] since "Four Rooms" and "From Dusk Till Dawn," so we've had a tremendous working relationship for 14 years. I had 62 people on that crew and 13 weeks to realize all these different creature concepts on top of the last 12 months, where I went from Berlin with "Inglourious Basterds" to Albuquerque for "The Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington and David Valdez, who was the producer on "The Green Mile" and "The Time Machine," which we worked on. We wrapped that and went on set for "Piranha 3-D" for Alexandre Aja, with whom I did "The Hills Have Eyes" and "Mirrors." And then it was back to L.A. for "Sorcerer's Apprentice," and then on to "Predators." And Howard Berger spent the last six months in Australia working on "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader."

So to answer your question, I don't know how I keep all of it on track, but I've been doing it for 25 years. And I have a great crew, with a lot of people that I've worked with for decades and help me realize all the stuff that we want to do. I've always said that the first two or three weeks on a movie are the most exciting. The slate is clean, and you sit with the director and start riffing ideas and get a feel for the creative process. The director on "Predators," Nimrod Antal, was such a fan of the original "Predator," and had this great enthusiasm for the project, and that gets you charged up. When you meet with a director and they're excited, it's like the Frankenstein monster. That energy blasts you and then you start to see things coming together. You get your sculptors and your mold makers and your painters going, and the stuff comes to life. You know, that Frankenstein analogy is a good one.... (Laughs.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed