Informations.

Started by Johnny Handsome, Oct 21, 2009, 10:02:33 PM

Author
Informations. (Read 168,627 times)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Doomofman on Nov 30, 2009, 11:59:23 PM

Interesting thing to note... If Brody is the first person in that picture, then he's wearing the same clothes from when he was on the phone in that pic... Maybe that's his characters outfit after all...

Although looking about it.. I don't think it's a pic of film after all...

it could be members of the crew or a bunch of randoms walking around.

Correct me if Im wrong but there is no scene in the script where it describes or has five of the characters walking through the alien landscape?

Spoiler
- 8 characters walking through land scape at the start of film
- 7 characters walking through landscape after Chucillos death
- 6 characters walking through landscape after African guys death
- Russian guy and Stans killed off in and around Nolands cave, so thats leaves 4 characters running through alien landscape escaping from Predators
[close]

At no point is there 5 walking or running through the landscape. Unless the script has changed?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Actors look imposed anyway. Something about their lighting doesn't seem right.

Pinkman

Pinkman

They read the same article than me, which mentioned they shot there, and just put a random photo of the location to go along with their article.

If it was a picture taken directly from the set, it'd be crowded by shitload of crew peoples.

Mike The Wolf

Mike The Wolf

I have been wondering if they are going to change the color of the sky in the movie, I don 't remember if they say it in the script.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Mike The Wolf on Dec 01, 2009, 07:56:50 PM
I have been wondering if they are going to change the color of the sky in the movie, I don 't remember if they say it in the script.

I envisioned a darker sky when I was reading the script, perhaps with a purpleish hue as it gets later

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Doomofman on Dec 01, 2009, 08:58:53 PM

I envisioned a darker sky when I was reading the script, perhaps with a purpleish hue as it gets later

No need, natural light will look better. Maybe the odd moon thrown in at night. Besides does'nt one of them notice the sun has'nt moved? (hav'nt read script) If they noticed that, they'd notice the sky's purple!

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: highlandpred on Dec 01, 2009, 09:44:22 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on Dec 01, 2009, 08:58:53 PM

No need, natural light will look better. Maybe the odd moon thrown in at night. Besides does'nt one of them notice the sun has'nt moved? (hav'nt read script) If they noticed that, they'd notice the sky's purple!

I don't mean the sky being full on purple... but you know that shade of sky we get sometimes... it's like partly cloudy but it does have a hint of purple....

SM

SM

Skies are generally fairly easy to change in post especially ones without clouds.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SM on Dec 01, 2009, 10:41:13 PM
Skies are generally fairly easy to change in post especially ones without clouds.
Exactly.

They are probably going to use a shitload of matte paintings anyway, its so easy now.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 01, 2009, 10:55:48 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 01, 2009, 10:41:13 PM
Exactly.

They are probably going to use a shitload of matte paintings anyway, its so easy now.

I assumed the location shoots were to avoid using mattes...

SM

SM

It's not terribly difficult to do a combination these days.

If you have a blue sky, it's relatively simple to key it out like one would a blue screen.  Then you can drop in mountains, different coloured sky, "massive, angular chunks of an alien planet, floating in space.  A dying, shattered world."

All the while, the foreground elements of trees and cast have a realistic look about them and you don't have create digital or model trees or anything.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Even AvP had some beautiful matte paintings, most of the time you don't even notice them anymore.
http://www.hatchfx.com/matte_painting_demo.php

I say bring them on and make the Predator planet look like..well..not like Hawaii.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 02, 2009, 05:12:55 PM
Even AvP had some beautiful matte paintings, most of the time you don't even notice them anymore.

I say bring them on and make the Predator planet look like..well..not like Hawaii.

Amazing clip, a lot of those green screen effects look incredible.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 02, 2009, 05:12:55 PM

It looks really incredibly. And it shows that in the movie everything is possible. Amazing...

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Random question, but I forgot, who did the sniper chick call a "predator"? Was it Royce or Edwin?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed