Informations.

Started by Johnny Handsome, Oct 21, 2009, 10:02:33 PM

Author
Informations. (Read 168,014 times)

beeko

beeko

im sure in the original the majority of it was filmed without a predator in sight . its really the only last 10 min that dutch is face to face with it, so im sure when they say cgi its going to be more clocked stuff they are talking about, most of the kills in the original are from far away from the victims and when they have a close call death scene in this movie im sure it will be with guys in suits against green screens back in the studio.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2009, 12:01:22 PM
You know, if it was done like this I wouldn`t mind. I wouldn`t mind at all.

But you can't have those kind of shots the whole movie. It just screams "He's not as tall as him". Those gimmick shots can't be spread throughout the whole movie, now.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 06, 2009, 02:18:51 PM
Even the Brothers Stinky and pinky got the predator right (without face)
With a seven foot tall person playing the part.

The Aliens, on the other hand, were clearly normal sized guys in awkward rubber suits.

QuoteIt worked 20 years ago,
With a tall guy.

Quoteit worked 1 year ago,
With a different tall guy.

Quoteit's going to work this time.
I don't doubt it would.

If they had a tall guy in the suit.

Which they don't.

Keith

Keith

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2009, 12:01:22 PM
You know, if it was done like this I wouldn`t mind. I wouldn`t mind at all.

TBH, I'd rather have 1990 style.

magical_boy

magical_boy

I don't think 300 should be used to justify cgi predators in Predators. 300 has a very "fake" look, though some would prefer to say "stylized"

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Nov 07, 2009, 12:28:53 AM
Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 06, 2009, 02:18:51 PM
Even the Brothers Stinky and pinky got the predator right (without face)
With a seven foot tall person playing the part.

The Aliens, on the other hand, were clearly normal sized guys in awkward rubber suits.

QuoteIt worked 20 years ago,
With a tall guy.

Quoteit worked 1 year ago,
With a different tall guy.

Quoteit's going to work this time.
I don't doubt it would.

If they had a tall guy in the suit.

Which they don't.

I can't believe this is really an issue for some folk, I mean ask yourself, are 6 foot predators going to come up against 6 foot men?......no.

If any reason it'll be to make the super pred look bigger than it is.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 07, 2009, 09:19:21 AM
I can't believe this is really an issue for some folk, I mean ask yourself, are 6 foot predators going to come up against 6 foot men?......no.

...What?

My point is they're not using tall people for the Predators, according to the report. So given this series' track record, it's going to look like six foot people on apple crates. Which I, and I would assume many others, don't want to see.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Nov 07, 2009, 09:38:16 AM
Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 07, 2009, 09:19:21 AM

...What?

My point is they're not using tall people for the Predators, according to the report. So given this series' track record, it's going to look like six foot people on apple crates. Which I, and I would assume many others, don't want to see.

Personally I'm not buying it, I'm putting my trust in the director and producer in that they can get the basics correct, however it's done. 

We have all been wrong before though, just have to wait and see....

SiL

SiL

I'm hoping I'm wrong.

But it's par for the course - short dudes in suits on crates look like short dudes in suits on crates.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Stools.

SiL

SiL

Only if they have wheels.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I don't mind one big, jacked up on steroids Predator. I like the variation of the species, there are taller ones, smaller ones, bigger and slimmer ones, different colorized ones etc.

My Beef with the AvP's was that there was a fat Predator and they all had to be fat, no matter how much armour etc, they all looked the same.

In AvP-R it was basically wolf with different armour parts and different masks, but the same slender body, the same colorization etc.

They have to do it like in Predator 2, show various Predators:

This one is in the spirit of the original, yet slightly different painting

This one looks almost like a ghost and has a blue color tone and also long dreads.

This one looks almost like a dragon.

They called him snake Predator, i think it's pretty self explanatory
And of course all the other ones that are all unique:

So i gotta say i don't mind a bulky Predator or a black colored super Predator that is even taller and stronger than the others, as long as they don't make them all like that.
They shouldn't be portrayed as an army, they should be portrayed as if everyone has a different history and origin.

Master

Master

Just like humans.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Master on Nov 07, 2009, 05:02:10 PM
Just like humans.

Just like humans. Yeah. So they're relatable, right? Just have them f**king be big, silent, scary monsters that kill you. I don't want them to be portrayed as anything else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed