Informations.

Started by Johnny Handsome, Oct 21, 2009, 10:02:33 PM

Author
Informations. (Read 168,617 times)

magical_boy

magical_boy

so the first movie had Ian Whyte and shorter stuntmen (who were still tall tho), i see
looked up Ian on wiki and he's a seven footer

Master

Master

QuoteAnd from the dog description scene it looks like they brought in also dogs from earth, because they find cages with parachutes attached to them, so either they brought in dogs from earth or alien dogs from another planet.
I understud that those were cages of humans from earlier hunts. You don`t really think that they were parachuted on earth- like parachutes in earth- like way? It appears that BSP and crew prefere to hunt on this particular planet insted of prey`s homeworld.

Keith

Keith

Quote from: Travis Smith on Nov 05, 2009, 04:51:09 PM
if they make it as good as this we should be okay.

That almost looks like a shot from a computer-animated film. Please, no.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

um... I'm confused. are you guys bitchin and moaning all cuz they'll use CGI in the new Predator movies?

personaly I don't care. as long as I get to see the Predator scull-Rip some poor SOB. I can care less about usage of CGI.

Usage of CGI doesn't bother me as much as it used to with these movies. sometimes when you Have to do it with CGI it makes sence to use it. and besides, CGI looks great when done right, and its especualy pays off when you can't tell the diffrence.

SM

SM

Quoteare you guys bitchin and moaning all cuz they'll use CGI in the new Predator movies?

No, the concern seems to be more that CG Predators will be used in favour of dudes in suits.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

You idiots. Of course it's going to be dudes in suits. Why the hell else would KNB work on the film? To sculpt rocks?

SM

SM

To sculpt Predators that are then scanned into a computer.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Keith on Nov 06, 2009, 04:17:00 AMThat almost looks like a shot from a computer-animated film. Please, no.

It is meant to. The whole movie was like that, IMO to show people it is NOT meant to be a realistic historical reconstruction of the event. Still some people whine endlessly about unreal monsters and superhuman Spartans. Yeah, well, that is what the movie is all about, dammit.

I loved it.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2009, 06:05:43 AM
No, the concern seems to be more that CG Predators will be used in favour of dudes in suits.
I thought the concern was short-asses being used again.

Highland

Highland

Not worried about any of that information, It all sounds pretty good. No Predator use probably just means that they are cloaked for that part of the movie which is obviously a mirror of the original.

As for the size, I think everyone on the planet knows a predator is bigger than a man, how they achieve it is not really a concern to me.

Master

Master

Quote from: Space Voyager on Nov 06, 2009, 07:36:55 AM
Quote from: Keith on Nov 06, 2009, 04:17:00 AMThat almost looks like a shot from a computer-animated film. Please, no.

It is meant to. The whole movie was like that, IMO to show people it is NOT meant to be a realistic historical reconstruction of the event. Still some people whine endlessly about unreal monsters and superhuman Spartans. Yeah, well, that is what the movie is all about, dammit.

I loved it.
It was history told by one spartan to others before the battle to cencourage them. Of course it was unreal. And truly it was great.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 06, 2009, 09:43:21 AM
how they achieve it is not really a concern to me.
So if it's obvious it's a short guy in a suit, you'll be fine?

Master

Master

You know, if it was done like this I wouldn`t mind. I wouldn`t mind at all.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Nov 06, 2009, 11:46:14 AM
Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 06, 2009, 09:43:21 AM
how they achieve it is not really a concern to me.
So if it's obvious it's a short guy in a suit, you'll be fine?

Even the Brothers Stinky and pinky got the predator right (without face) , I'd really doubt someone of RR's credentials is going to f**k up the dimensions of the creature. It worked 20 years ago, it worked 1 year ago, it's going to work this time.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Has it been confirmed that the Predators are completley CGI for these scenes,or were they just not allowed to see the suits?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed