Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 283,175 times)

SM

Walking With... has it's fair share of detractors too.  Personally I love it bitses.  Has en epic feel about it helped immensely by Branagh.

Anto of the Sand

maledoro

Quote from: Meathead320 on Sep 07, 2010, 01:02:42 AM
Were does our holy "science article" claim that T.Rex was the direct ancestor of the "chicken"?

I do not recall it having said that.
Either you're one of those who can't grasp context and need to have things spelled out to you in careful steps, or you're nit-picking for the sake of an argument. Since I had mentioned beer, I had made my statement in jest. That said, I believe that you were the former and had evolved into the latter.

(p.s. In my original statement, I said that some scientists believed it.)

urban_predator83

So do you guys think dinosaurs can be brought back to life in the real world. Do you think we should?

I think that we have the technology to bring them back but I think we shouldn't

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DrGediman on Sep 07, 2010, 12:09:25 AM
Jurassic Park did not introduce me to dinos.  I liked dinosaurs before Jurassic Park.  Of course, I love the T-Rex, every kid knew about the T-Rex.
You and me both.
I had lotsa books back in the time. And every night, mother had to read them. Oh the memories...

Quote from: urban_predator83 on Sep 07, 2010, 04:06:39 AM
So do you guys think dinosaurs can be brought back to life in the real world.
As for now, no.
We'd have to pulverize tons of bones of one species to obtain part of the DNA of it (not even whole).

Do you think we should?
Yes and no. Yes, because we'd have the chance to study them and learn more about them. No, because 1. Their environment disappeared with them 2. they have no place in all the current ecosystems and 3. their eventual "resurrection" would cause criticize all over the world.

maledoro

So do you guys think dinosaurs can be brought back to life in the real world.
No. We have a difficult enough time keeping cloned sheep alive.

Do you think we should?
No.

I think that we have the technology to bring them back but I think we shouldn't
Rest assured, we don't.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 07, 2010, 03:00:28 AM
Quote from: Meathead320 on Sep 07, 2010, 01:02:42 AM
Were does our holy "science article" claim that T.Rex was the direct ancestor of the "chicken"?

I do not recall it having said that.
Either you're one of those who can't grasp context and need to have things spelled out to you in careful steps, or you're nit-picking for the sake of an argument. Since I had mentioned beer, I had made my statement in jest. That said, I believe that you were the former and had evolved into the latter.

(p.s. In my original statement, I said that some scientists believed it.)

I'm SORRY.

You must be right.

Since some scientist think T.Rex was the anscestor of the chicken, you maledoro must be right.

:P

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 07, 2010, 07:44:54 AM
Yes and no. Yes, because we'd have the chance to study them and learn more about them. No, because 1. Their environment disappeared with them 2. they have no place in all the current ecosystems and 3. their eventual "resurrection" would cause criticize all over the world.

Not to mention, what few dinosaurs we could manage to clone and turn loose (if we did) would be poached before they knew what hit them.

maledoro

Quote from: Meathead320 on Sep 07, 2010, 06:11:32 PM
You must be right. Since some scientist think T.Rex was the anscestor of the chicken, you maledoro must be right.
I'm right in saying that some scientists believe that.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2010, 02:46:38 AM
Walking With... has it's fair share of detractors too.  Personally I love it bitses.  Has en epic feel about it helped immensely by Branagh.

Detractors...people who just dislike it you mean?

SM

People who questioned it's accuracy.

Sharp Sticks

I love the Atrociraptor simply on the basis of its name.

Atrociraptor.

Hell yeah.

galaxys ultimate hunter

galaxys ultimate hunter

Tyrannosaurus Rex
The tyrant dinosaur King!

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2010, 11:37:39 PM
People who questioned it's accuracy.

It had its fair share, though IIRC, the most glaring was the extraordinary claim that Liopleurodon was 150 tons. Even I thought that was a bit extreme.

SpaceMarines

Favourite? Tough call...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed