Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 282,904 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 06, 2010, 08:03:02 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 06, 2010, 08:01:25 AM
his feet were out of the Rex's mouth as I recall when she picked him up in the air.
Whole legs (and butt) were left out. Here's an extract from the film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzfrod7hcE

True. Then that was one shot where they got it right. In the first scene I mentioned, it still looked too big.

Nope

Goldblumasouras-rex.  ;D That and Denonyncus. Totally screwed up the name!

Feral_PRED

Quote from: War Wager on Jul 10, 2008, 01:39:49 AM
:D

Next to the T-Rex and the Raptor, I loved the Spino when I was wee:

http://www.marshalls-art.com/images/ipaleo/paleopg16/Spino_v4.jpg

They are also my favorites (raptor, t-rex and spino)

-alienhunter14

DoomRulz

Although people say Jurassic Park is the reason dinosaurs are popular nowadays, I disagree heavily. JP was awesome, yes, but it really cemented in people's brains the idea that dinosaurs are only about T.Rex, raptor, and revolves around kids. Most folks don't realize how much science there is here.

DrGediman

DrGediman

Jurassic Park did not introduce me to dinos.  I liked dinosaurs before Jurassic Park.  Of course, I love the T-Rex, every kid knew about the T-Rex.  I had no idea what the f**k a velociraptor was until Jurassic Park. 

But my other fav dinos were the Stegosaurus and that one that had a hard shell on it's back and a club-like tail.  They were badass for being non-meateaters. 

EDIT:  just googled - Ankylosaurus is it's name:

SM

Most kids get into dinosaurs at some point, usually without the help of Spielberg,.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Wrong type of Dinosaur?

SM

Long may he reign!!!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Life on Earth ruled. First doco's I can remember.

SM

Me too.  Been a fan ever since.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

We got a DA thread on here? We need one. I could talk about it all day :)

Meathead320

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 06, 2010, 11:28:03 AM

Your "point" is supported by ignoring that science article I had posted.

Sure it is. ::)

Were does our holy "science article" claim that T.Rex was the direct ancestor of the "chicken"?

I do not recall it having said that. If it did I would take a look at who wrote the article and find out which paleontologist they miss-quoted.

I only buy that they were related.

About as close as you and a rodent, but sure you're related. That is about the relation of a chicken and a T.Rex.

Both are in the bird/dinosaur family, but birds had already branched off FAR before T.Rex existed. They share some anatomy too, but so do all mammals with other mammals.

Keep in mind we share 67% of our DNA with a fruit fly.

Meh. I'll buy that Rex was a lot closer related to the Chicken than it was to us, or any mammal, and perhaps and existing reptile, because the bird line branched off from dinosaurs more recently than dinosaurs branched off from reptiles.

So Obviously all birds would share a common relation to dinosaurs. Only ONE type of dinosaur "became" a bird however. The rest just shared things in common (being related this is expected).

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2010, 12:11:17 AM
Most kids get into dinosaurs at some point, usually without the help of Spielberg,.

Of course they do. That's what happened to me. But when I tell older people about the interest, or even other people my age, they go right to Jurassic Park.

SM

Interwebs = pop culture.

DoomRulz

Unfortunately. I'm grateful for shows though like Walking With... or Jurassic Fight Club. JFC was great though because not only did it focus on a different form of dino-science, but the host of the show is very active on Facebook and communicates regularly with fans like myself. He always has new things to contribute to the science in general.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed