Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 283,551 times)

Noir-Gojira

Unless you are not a part of its natural diet; then it's a matter of how hungry they are.  Still, if you need a reason to be afraid, a rex could always step on you.

DoomRulz

If they're anything like a great white sure, but remember, there are some sharks that eat humans. Dinosaurs and sharks are two completely different types of animals, but I see no reason why a dinosaur would behave the same way.

xxxBIOHAZARDxxx

Dinosaurs are cool...

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 04, 2010, 02:23:10 AM
If they're anything like a great white sure, but remember, there are some sharks that eat humans. Dinosaurs and sharks are two completely different types of animals, but I see no reason why a dinosaur would behave the same way.
Who said anything about sharks?  It's been this way for many apex predators.  Look at wolves and bears.

Noir-Gojira

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100614093341.htm

It's pretty much official now that the marine reptiles were warm-blooded. 

Should we still even be considering them reptiles at this point? :P

Puks

Yes, just like we consider birds reptiles.

Nice read, btw.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Does that also include Mosasaurs?
To what I know they were related to Snakes, so they technically could be considered reptiles.

Puks

What? Why wouldn't they be considered reptiles? If something evolves from a sauropsid reptile, it stays a reptile.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'm confused now... ???

Puks

Puks

I'm confused myself..

Systematically speaking, you and me are still part of clade Sarcopterygia, lobe-finned fish, even if we evolved much further and don't resemble fish now at all.

The same applies to birds, even if they are miles away from "classic" reptiles, the clade Aves is part of Reptilia/Sauropsida, and further part of  Amniota, Tetrapoda, Sarcopterygia, Vertebrata, etc.

All sauropsids and their descendants are reptiles and some reptiles are birds.

huntin8-t0n

My fav is the goddam sexual Tyrannosaur

chupacabras acheronsis

speaking off, Dicovery channel is showing "Jurassic Sex" on Fathers' day.

im watching it. :P

xxxBIOHAZARDxxx

Dinosaurs are cool....

Asian Assassin

my favorite is the T-rex or the velicipraptor

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: Puks on Jun 15, 2010, 10:52:21 AM
I'm confused myself..

Systematically speaking, you and me are still part of clade Sarcopterygia, lobe-finned fish, even if we evolved much further and don't resemble fish now at all.

The same applies to birds, even if they are miles away from "classic" reptiles, the clade Aves is part of Reptilia/Sauropsida, and further part of  Amniota, Tetrapoda, Sarcopterygia, Vertebrata, etc.

All sauropsids and their descendants are reptiles and some reptiles are birds.
This is what happens when you let bureaucracy get in the way of common sense :P.  There are many who don't agree with the reclassification of aves and would rather restructure the entire dinosaur superorder.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed