Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 283,601 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 06, 2013, 11:00:46 AM
Meh, the heck with just CGI or just practical effects. I miss good old-fashioned stop-motion.
Which is a practical effect.  ;D

Sabby

Using real objects. The Thing, for instance (not that f**king remake) used puppets and props.

Greedo

My Dilophosaurus for future project.

Also animated the head, check it out !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ExDEo_w8E#

Vertigo

Thought I'd share a piece of work from one of my favourite palaeoartists, John Conway (coincidence that he's three surname letters away from John Connor? I think not). This is Giraffatitan, the larger version of Brachiosaurus, enjoying a muddy rub-down.
I love seeing mundane behaviour represented in palaeoart - predation is ridiculously overdone, and usually portrayed very badly even by great artists and animators.

(To clarify: We don't know Giraffatitan had any form of headcrest, or any particularly vast swathe of neckwattle, but they're certainly very possible. Stranger ornamentation has been discovered on sauropods.)

Further genius here and here.

Sabby

It looks so derpy xD

Where as this is f**king terrifying.

Vertigo

Yeah, Quetzalcoatlus has gotten a hell of a lot scarier since I was a kid. You wouldn't get many Dinotopians riding their current incarnation.

King Rathalos

This thread needs moar Hatzegopteryx

Basically the almighty "f**k you" to anything that doesn't fly.

Greedo

Spinosaurus.

What a beast , one of the very little Dinos which could actually stand up against a T-Rex.

Vertigo

Quote from: King Rathalos on Sep 08, 2013, 02:27:17 PMBasically the almighty "f**k you" to anything that doesn't fly.

;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

These big Pterosaurs remind me so much of the Marabou Stork... I imagine they occupied a similar niche.

Gilfryd

Quote from: Vertigo on Sep 08, 2013, 12:18:22 PM
Thought I'd share a piece of work from one of my favourite palaeoartists, John Conway (coincidence that he's three surname letters away from John Connor? I think not). This is Giraffatitan, the larger version of Brachiosaurus, enjoying a muddy rub-down.
I love seeing mundane behaviour represented in palaeoart - predation is ridiculously overdone, and usually portrayed very badly even by great artists and animators.

(To clarify: We don't know Giraffatitan had any form of headcrest, or any particularly vast swathe of neckwattle, but they're certainly very possible. Stranger ornamentation has been discovered on sauropods.)

Further genius here and here.

Good stuff.

Anyone know the best sites for up to date or accurate as possible dinosaur art?

DoomRulz

http://www.search4dinosaurs.com/

That's a site I used to frequent. I don't know how up-to-date it is, but it's still pretty good. deviantART is your best bet.

Sabby

This thread made me curious, so I looked up Primeval and Terra Nova.

So far, enjoying Primeval much more, since it seems more eager to throw around it's dinosaur knowledge by throwing around lesser known species, where as so far Terra Nova is just trying to emulate the feel of Jurassic Park.

DC

Velociraptor

Greedo

Quote from: DC on Sep 11, 2013, 04:47:41 AM
Velociraptor

http://www.shindigz.com/images/itm_img/11SZSUPVEL.jpg

Ah , straight into evolution...

Not long now till its a bird.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed