Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 280,242 times)

DoomRulz

Navigate via antennae? When did Omega become an insect?

Sharp Sticks

He was talking about futuristic extraterrestial paleontologists digging up human remains.

But that's beside the point. Yes, he's a bug.

ShadowPred

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 04, 2011, 02:25:34 AM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 04, 2011, 01:00:27 AM
Don't ruin things for me please

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Mar 04, 2011, 01:01:06 AM
Agreed.
Yeah, learning just takes the fun out of things.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2011, 02:21:08 AMHe hasn't ruined anything. A chicken may be its direct descendant, but a T.Rex is still a T.Rex.
When someone asks what you had to eat at KFC, you can tell them you got yourself some T.Rex. That'll put hair on your asses.

*cries*

Sharp Sticks

No, Shadowpred! Don't cry! He can smell weakness, like a lioness culling a herd of gazelle.

ShadowPred

maledoro

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 04, 2011, 07:52:01 PM
Quote from: maledoro on Mar 03, 2011, 10:47:07 PM
(But we had mentioned this before...)
Yes, and I already mentioned that the stuff in the famous 'B-Rex' specimen (and other ones) may be nothing more than Bacterial Biofilm. Argument's very disputed.
The point is that we had already discussed it, not what is right, wrong or dubious.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Mar 05, 2011, 01:28:10 AM
No, Shadowpred! Don't cry! He can smell weakness, like a lioness culling a herd of gazelle.
Lion.

Sharp Sticks

I knew you were going to say exactly that.

Predator Queen

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 05, 2011, 01:24:12 AM
Quote from: maledoro on Mar 04, 2011, 02:25:34 AM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 04, 2011, 01:00:27 AM
Don't ruin things for me please

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Mar 04, 2011, 01:01:06 AM
Agreed.
Yeah, learning just takes the fun out of things.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2011, 02:21:08 AMHe hasn't ruined anything. A chicken may be its direct descendant, but a T.Rex is still a T.Rex.
When someone asks what you had to eat at KFC, you can tell them you got yourself some T.Rex. That'll put hair on your asses.

*cries*
dont cry just ignore him {Pats your back}

maledoro

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2011, 11:34:08 PM
The difference between a human and a gorilla skeleton are pretty striking...
Yeah, thought about that - let's make the reverse example.
Okey, let's assume that in 300 million years, an alien species with...  *looks at Sharp Sticks' post* ... compound eyes and antennae, discovers only baby Gorilla skeletons...

...And only adult Human skeletons.

They'd assume at a point, as Paleontologists, that those two were the same thing, in different stages of life - the differences in the skull explained with aging. Same with what Horner says about the Torosaurus/Triceratops thing!
By this token, until there's not a striking, ultimate proof of Horner's theory, I'm not taking it into account. At all.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Mar 05, 2011, 01:22:29 AM
But that's beside the point. Yes, he's a bug.

I f**king knew this skin wouldn't hide my appearence well enough!

maledoro

Dromaeosaur25

Yikes, sorry I haven't posted in a while despite this thread being dug up for me... Insane schedule I tell ya.
Anyway, I don't really put that much faith into Jack Horner's theories. Also, he was one of the most adamant that T. rex was a scavenger, wasn't he? I find it much more plausible that T. rex was like a lion, a hunter that simply scavenged when the opportunity presented itself. And yeah, I'm not so sure about the Torosaurus/Triceratops theory either...

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Dromaeosaur25 on Mar 08, 2011, 06:24:55 PM
Yikes, sorry I haven't posted in a while despite this thread being dug up for me... Insane schedule I tell ya.
Anyway, I don't really put that much faith into Jack Horner's theories. Also, he was one of the most adamant that T. rex was a scavenger, wasn't he? I find it much more plausible that T. rex was like a lion, a hunter that simply scavenged when the opportunity presented itself. And yeah, I'm not so sure about the Torosaurus/Triceratops theory either...

I agree with you on that part 100%.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed