Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 283,238 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 04, 2011, 01:00:27 AM
Quote from: maledoro on Mar 03, 2011, 10:47:07 PM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 03, 2011, 07:27:28 PM
It was always the T Rex, big powerful and f^cking vicious
And now it's (possibly) the chicken; the animal archetype of cowards everywhere. (But we had mentioned this before...)
Don't ruin things for me please

He hasn't ruined anything. A chicken may be its direct descendant, but a T.Rex is still a T.Rex.

maledoro

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Mar 04, 2011, 01:01:06 AM
Agreed.
Yeah, learning just takes the fun out of things.

maledoro

Agreed.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2011, 02:21:08 AMHe hasn't ruined anything. A chicken may be its direct descendant, but a T.Rex is still a T.Rex.
When someone asks what you had to eat at KFC, you can tell them you got yourself some T.Rex. That'll put hair on your asses.

chupacabras acheronsis

Excuse ME sir, Body hair is no joke.

maledoro

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 04, 2011, 02:27:31 AM
Excuse ME sir, Body hair is no joke.
Of course not! I've grown some serious body hair.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 04, 2011, 02:25:34 AM

Agreed.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2011, 02:21:08 AMHe hasn't ruined anything. A chicken may be its direct descendant, but a T.Rex is still a T.Rex.
When someone asks what you had to eat at KFC, you can tell them you got yourself some T.Rex. That'll put hair on your asses.

I really don't know what to say. :-\

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 03, 2011, 10:47:07 PM
(But we had mentioned this before...)
Yes, and I already mentioned that the stuff in the famous 'B-Rex' specimen (and other ones) may be nothing more than Bacterial Biofilm. Argument's very disputed.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 03, 2011, 11:31:53 PM
Probably didn't need them as it grew older. They may have been a type of defense mechanism.
That suddenly becomes useless in adult age...?

DoomRulz

Well what's your theory then?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

...They're not really the same species, if you ask me. Same with the Torosaurus/Triceratops thing.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 04, 2011, 10:27:16 PM
...They're not really the same species, if you ask me. Same with the Torosaurus/Triceratops thing.

I see what you mean, but try to convince Jack Horner.

DoomRulz

I think there's some truth to what the man says. I attended a lecture on this very topic that he hosted and he really made me think about the fact that (in the above example) we have plenty of old Triceratops fossils, yet no young Torosaurus.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2011, 10:35:12 PM

I think there's some truth to what the man says. I attended a lecture on this very topic that he hosted and he really made me think about the fact that (in the above example) we have plenty of old Triceratops fossils, yet no young Torosaurus.

How long ago was it? I'm just trying to remember when this theory was announced.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

we have plenty of old Triceratops fossils, yet no young Torosaurus.
What if in 300 million years, Humanity is extinct and the only fossils the Cthulhu Spawn (or insert civilization here) will find, are of a child's, and then they find only adult Gorillas' skeletons? Will they think that the human babies' skeletons are the young of the Gorillas' skeletons?
We've got a f**kload of species that did not fossilize. And the ones that did fossilize are very, very rare. Fact that we've found only adults of the Triceratops specimen doesn't demonstrate a lot.
It's for this very reason that I doubt the 'T.Rex max. life span = 30 years' thing as well.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Mar 04, 2011, 10:36:12 PM

How long ago was it? I'm just trying to remember when this theory was announced.

Last summer.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 04, 2011, 10:42:10 PM
we have plenty of old Triceratops fossils, yet no young Torosaurus.
What if in 300 million years, Humanity is extinct and the only fossils the Cthulhu Spawn (or insert civilization here) will find, are of a child's, and then they find only adult Gorillas' skeletons? Will they think that the human babies' skeletons are the young of the Gorillas' skeletons?
We've got a f**kload of species that did not fossilize. And the ones that did fossilize are very, very rare. Fact that we've found only adults of the Triceratops specimen doesn't demonstrate a lot.
It's for this very reason that I doubt the 'T.Rex max. life span = 30 years' thing as well.

The difference between a human and a gorilla skeleton are pretty striking...

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2011, 11:34:08 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 04, 2011, 10:42:10 PM

The difference between a human and a gorilla skeleton are pretty striking...

In Omega's defense, it's harder to tell when you've got compound eyes and navigate via antennae.

Plesiosaurus had a short head and a long tail once upon a time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed