Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 283,355 times)

scarhunter92

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 03, 2011, 03:05:31 PM
True, about the spoiler. But this forum needs less Oldthreadasaurus.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/olddead/93dbaf99.gif

What's the big deal? It's a fun thread that doesn't get old. It's not like it was about some old news.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Dromaeosaur25 on Mar 03, 2011, 07:40:17 AM
Well, let's see...
Of course, dromaeosaurids have always been my favorites. XD
I also find therizinosaurs interesting(Does anyone know when or why scientists stopped calling them segnosaurs?) and I'm waiting for the day they find more Deinocheirus bits than just the arms, lol.
Also, has anyone here heard about the recent suggestion that Torosaurus was an adult Triceratops?

Yeah I did. I remember Jack Horner saying that because of this development, about a third of the Dinosaurs that we know about wouldn't actually be dinosaurs. They would be older or younger versions of a specific Dino.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Oh you know, I'm still in doubt in that regards. Seems too... I don't know, unpractical? Look at Dracorex and then at Pachycephalosaurus for example; they say former is younger latter, but why would Dracorex suddenly... y'now, shrink its horns?

Ghost Rider

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 03, 2011, 04:57:48 PM
Oh you know, I'm still in doubt in that regards. Seems too... I don't know, unpractical? Look at Dracorex and then at Pachycephalosaurus for example; they say former is younger latter, but why would Dracorex suddenly... y'now, shrink its horns?

I wonder that as well. I'm just stating the latest theory. :P

maledoro

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Mar 03, 2011, 04:03:53 PM
What's the big deal? It's a fun thread that doesn't get old. It's not like it was about some old news.
It doesn't get old because it already is old. As for old news, somebody just posted something that was already covered.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 03, 2011, 06:37:47 PM
Quote from: scarhunter92 on Mar 03, 2011, 04:03:53 PM
It doesn't get old because it already is old. As for old news, somebody just posted something that was already covered.

My bad. It was for Dromeasaur25. Doom found this topic for him.

Predator Queen

It was always the T Rex, big powerful and f^cking vicious, whenever I was a lot younger me and my small group of friends used to play Jurassic Park and I was always the T Rex, and when my voice was more shrill I could partially roar like a dinosaur but I stopped doing that at 10...

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 03, 2011, 07:27:28 PM
It was always the T Rex, big powerful and f^cking vicious, whenever I was a lot younger me and my small group of friends used to play Jurassic Park and I was always the T Rex, and when my voice was more shrill I could partially roar like a dinosaur but I stopped doing that at 10...
:laugh:

T-Rex is King. Just because there are some new Carnivores that are bigger, the T-Rex will always be King. :D

maledoro

It was always the T Rex, big powerful and f^cking vicious
And now it's (possibly) the chicken; the animal archetype of cowards everywhere. (But we had mentioned this before...)

DoomRulz

Probably didn't need them as it grew older. They may have been a type of defense mechanism.

scarhunter92

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 03, 2011, 10:47:07 PM
And now it's (possibly) the chicken; the animal archetype of cowards everywhere. (But we had mentioned this before...)

f**king science better stop ruining my childhood. :(

maledoro

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Mar 03, 2011, 11:49:05 PM
f**king science better stop ruining my childhood. :(
Yeah, funny thing about science: it benefits all but the delusional.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 03, 2011, 11:31:53 PM

Probably didn't need them as it grew older. They may have been a type of defense mechanism.

Most likely.

Predator Queen

Don't ruin things for me please

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 04, 2011, 01:00:27 AM
Don't ruin things for me please
Agreed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed