Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 282,461 times)

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 08, 2010, 03:20:50 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2010, 11:37:39 PM
People who questioned it's accuracy.

It had its fair share, though IIRC, the most glaring was the extraordinary claim that Liopleurodon was 150 tons. Even I thought that was a bit extreme.

After watching the Making Of... I was satisfied they'd done a stack of research and the only real unknown was the colour of the creatures.

But then I'm not a nitpicking dino-nazi.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on Sep 08, 2010, 03:57:59 AM

DoomRulz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 08, 2010, 03:20:50 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2010, 11:37:39 PM
People who questioned it's accuracy.

It had its fair share, though IIRC, the most glaring was the extraordinary claim that Liopleurodon was 150 tons. Even I thought that was a bit extreme.

After watching the Making Of... I was satisfied they'd done a stack of research and the only real unknown was the colour of the creatures.

I hear you. I guess people detract from it because it's more a docu-action show. One can learn from it, but they really put effort into the effect work and making it exciting. Yes it was nice...but you'll learn m,ore from a show like The Truth About Killer Dinosaurs because it interviews people as opposed to being effects-only.

SM

Reich-teous!!

Meathead320

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 08, 2010, 12:59:37 PM
http://fotos.sapo.pt/2TtVuqqCr2uKNkGwwK3E/

You know, credit where it is due, Dino-Nazis look pretty badass.

Cap. Fitzgerald

^ I agree

SpaceMarines

I wonder if there's a Hitlersaurus Rex.

DoomRulz

jhsnake999

Velociraptors, Deinonychus, Utahraptors, Dromeosaurs. Anything in the Raptor family. I always loved pterosaurs like Quetzocoatlus, Pterodactyl and Ornithocherius. I also love the land predators like Tyrannosaurus, Allosaurus, Eustreptospondylus and Spinosaurus. Not forgetting the herbivores, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Diplodicus and Parasauralophus...   

Dromaeosaur25

Well, let's see...
Of course, dromaeosaurids have always been my favorites. XD
I also find therizinosaurs interesting(Does anyone know when or why scientists stopped calling them segnosaurs?) and I'm waiting for the day they find more Deinocheirus bits than just the arms, lol.
Also, has anyone here heard about the recent suggestion that Torosaurus was an adult Triceratops?

maledoro

I thought this thread was extinct. Why would someone go back almost half a year to dig up a thread like this?

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 03, 2011, 03:00:26 PM
Why would someone go back almost half a year to dig up a thread like this?
For science.

Anyway.

Spoiler
[close]

maledoro

True, about the spoiler. But this forum needs less Oldthreadasaurus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed