Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 283,615 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 31, 2020, 07:24:45 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 31, 2020, 01:33:02 AM
I was just recently reminded that Dinotopia was a thing. And goddamn, were those books legit:

The TV series is currently on Amazon Prime video as well

They took some creative freedoms with the creatures. It is not a sin though. After all it is fiction and in the Jurassic Park franchise they do it all the time (I'm looking at you Dilophosaurus). But specifically, I'm talking about the giant fish at the end.

It is supposed to be something like a guardian or natural final boss according to the wiki. And according to that same wiki it is supposed to be a Dunkleosteus: an ancient species of armoured prehistoric fish. However, I'd say it doesn't resemble the true animal at all.

But there is one more...their mosasaurs. Yup, these deadly bastards are more like prehistoric crocodiles. In fact, these mosasaurs seem to have an amphibious lifestyle.

In the British science fiction series Primeval, there is also a crocodile-like mosasaur.

The Mosasaurs were marine reptiles apparently related to monitor lizards and snakes. I think Jurassic World was closer to the real animal so far.

Immortan Jonesy

Stitch

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 08, 2020, 06:56:23 PM
https://twitter.com/physorg_com/status/1258073701968379904
Interesting. The raptors in The Lost World (novel) didn't take care of their young and let them fend for themselves, so maybe they're actually more realistic than the movies.

Mala'kak

Did the Dilophosaurus actually sport venom? Just like the one from JP?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TheQueen on May 10, 2020, 06:41:08 PM
Did the Dilophosaurus actually sport venom? Just like the one from JP?

No. It is just creative freedom. No evidence of poison or Chlamydosaurus style necklace.

Quote from: Stan Winston SchoolThe spitter was the most fictionalized of all of Jurassic Park's dinosaurs. Whereas a real Dilophosaurus stood approximately ten feet tall and was non-poisonous, the movie's Dilophosaurus was a much smaller animal, with a vibrating cowl and the ability to spit toxic venom.

JURASSIC PARK'S SPITTER ATTACKS NEDRY

Speaking about.dinosaur depiction, one of the restorations that has changed the most is the Spinosaurus aegyptiacus.

Some videos...

Immortan Jonesy

Gilfryd

The Field Museum's Sue the T. rex reconstruction is looking a m a z I n g - 

Stitch

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 14, 2020, 03:56:24 PM

Yes. Yes it is!  :o

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Stitch on Jul 15, 2020, 02:37:34 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 14, 2020, 03:56:24 PM

Yes. Yes it is!  :o

Indeed   :o

SiL

T-Rex has put on some weight since Jurassic Park (and I do not mind).

Immortan Jonesy

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 18, 2020, 01:23:54 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CALck37FiFx/?utm_source=ig_embed
I'd like to see those as a couple of additional different alien species in the next Alien movie. (different from the xenomorphs)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

More SUE -

KiramidHead

Reminds me of my dog with a chew toy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed