Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 46,056 times)

Corporal Hicks

Fred Dekker says Predator 4 script complete via Facebook updateNews on Predator 4 has been very sparse since it was first announced back in June of 2014. The last we heard on the project was in August when producer John Davis told Collider “this is the most entertaining way to reinvent a franchise.”

In this small update from one of the Predator 4 writers, Fred Dekker posted a picture of a Predator drawn by 7 year old Angus Herndon with the caption: “A character from the new screenplay we just turned in.

Very few other details about the upcoming Predator sequel are known. The film will be directed by Predator alumni Shane Black (who played Hawkins and was brought onto the original project to provide some oversight). He is also co-writing the script with Fred Dekker who is perhaps most well known for his work on The Monster Squad.

Fred Dekker says Predator 4 script complete via Facebook update.

Fred Dekker says Predator 4 script complete via Facebook update.

Shane Black’s most recent project has been The Nice Guys, a mystery thriller set in the 1970s staring Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe and Kim Basinger. The Nice Guys is currently slated for a May 2016 release.

Whilst originally reported as a reboot of Predator, it was later clarified that the project would be a sequel; what Shane Black called an “inventive sequel“. We also know that Robert Rodriguez will not be involved in Predator 4.

And as of June, Arnold Schwarzenegger has not been contacted in regards to appearing in the latest instalment. Although stating he hadn’t be contacted about Predator 4, Schwarzenegger did express confidence in the writing capabilities of Shane Black.

What about you guys and girls? What would you like to see in the new Predator film? Are you confident in Shane Black and Fred Dekker? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks to Johnny Handsome for the tip.

HuDaFuK

Sounds good!

Although you might not want to broadcast the fact that RoboCop 3 is one of Dekker's credits :P

Johnny Handsome

If you click on "Facebook Update" you get to a site called "Weyland-Yutani Bulletin". Is that correct?

Corporal Hicks

No, it was a different Facebook group I'd been on whilst I was writing that. I've fixed that.

Infected

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 30, 2015, 09:54:21 AM
Sounds good!

Although you might not want to broadcast the fact that RoboCop 3 is one of Dekker's credits :P
The concept was good of the Robocop 3 movie,
the execution was poor and weak imo.

If Verhoeven had done the third one i think it could be up there with the other two Robocop movies, as a succesfull trilogy.

Whiskeybrewer

I'm looking forward to this. and the fact its a sequel rather than a reboot. Now we can make casting guesses

RakaiThwei

I just want a movie that I can be happy with. I just want concepts that fit the Predator character while respecting the first two movies that came before. I really don't want anything outlandish or too crazy like how Robert Rodriguez attempted with the movie Predators.

I really want to trust to Shane Black on this movie because of the fact that he had uncredited writing on the first movie.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 30, 2015, 03:53:46 PMI really want to trust to Shane Black on this movie because of the fact that he had uncredited writing on the first movie.

I'm pretty sure his scriptwriting on that didn't go much beyond touching up the odd bit of dialogue.

Beatnation

Beatnation

I didn't give a shit about Shane Black before and I thought Iron Man 3 was a disaster, but atleast he's respecting the canon of the Predator franchise, unlike Blomkamp who just wanted make his fanfiction wet dream take on "Alien 5".

Johnny Handsome

I want them to go crazy, personally.

The reason i find Predators partly so boring (i can't sit through that movie anymore) is because of the homages and the same formula as the first movie. I want something new, something fresh and exciting, we know what a Predator looks like, we don't need another 45 minutes of characters wondering about something the audience already knows for two decades. We have seen Predators in all variations and colors and simply adding a couple more weapons doesn't do it for me this time, i really hope they have something new in store, no homages please, it's getting painful, i would much rather see them do their own thing with it by bringing a fresh story in a new setting and interesting characters.

Gursharan

Gursharan

That is good news. I wish we could see more of the predators homeworld, know more about them who they are and where they come from. It would be cool to see predators go back home alive rather then dead. There should be a movie centred around the predators not humans. Thanks

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 30, 2015, 04:07:26 PM
I want them to go crazy, personally.

Well what I mean by crazy is like.. doing things like setting the movie on the Predator homeworld (why does everyone want this?), or having one muscle bound guy taking on an entire army of Predators ala Rambo and making them fodder, Predator Kings (No, just... NO!), Preserve Planets... I just feel as if those things would do more harm to the franchise than good, and as a fan well.. I haven't been too happy with the newer material coming out.

I want something that again, I can be happy with. I wouldn't mind this movie being set in the past, or in the distant future (with Ridley taking over the Alien franchise, I wouldn't expect it to be set in the Alien timeline) where we can see other alien worlds that aren't controlled by Predators, where we can see them going to these worlds and hunting humans, as well as other alien life forms. I also wouldn't mind it set in the past either... I mean Dark Ages did a wonderful job at that and showed that it could be done!

HuDaFuK

Only just realised Dekker helped to write the 1991 film Ricochet with Denzel Washington and John Lithgow (and Jesse Ventura). That's a pretty good movie!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 30, 2015, 04:51:41 PM
Only just realised Dekker helped to write the 1991 film Ricochet with Denzel Washington and John Lithgow (and Jesse Ventura). That's a pretty good movie!

I loved that movie. Best part was when Denzel Washington's character staged a mental breakdown and has it broadcasted on live television, faking his suicide infront of Lithgow's character.

overthere

Great news! I agree with Johnny Handsome. We need something as different from Predator and Predator 2 as P2 was different from the original. No homages. Not even "ugly motherf**ker".
Since it was described as "reinvention" of the franchise, I think it's headed in that direction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed