The most "Horror" comic series

Started by StrangeShape, Jun 25, 2020, 12:25:29 AM

Author
The most "Horror" comic series (Read 1,652 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Im planning to own all Alien Dark Horse comics they ever published, and just recently started collecting. Of course Ive read the most known stories ages ago but my knowledge of the comic series ends with Sacrifice. Eventually Ill read and have them all anyway, but out of curiosity, which miniseries would you say is the most horror of them all? No spoilers please

molasar

molasar

I have read them all up to date but only Aliens: Labyrinth comes to mind.

StrangeShape

Oh really? Just Labyrinth? What about the more recent ones, nothing standing out?

426Buddy

426Buddy

I have all the comics that have been published and i'm missing last issue only of the UK MAG. Now i'm just working on getting every version of every story from singles to multiple TPBs. Not sure why but I am compelled lol.

What's the most horror?

I don't know if I can say but I guess off of the top of my head I would recommend Aliens Sacrifice, Aliens Survival, and Aliens Special.

Labyrinth is too obvious but almost listed it. Overall it doesn't really feel like a traditional horror story despite its horrific scenes.

StrangeShape

Sacrifice Ive read and absolutely love it, Labyrinth of course Im very familiar with for a many years, havent read Survival or Special. Whats this special youre refferring to?

molasar

molasar

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 25, 2020, 01:08:19 AM
Oh really? Just Labyrinth? What about the more recent ones, nothing standing out?

Perhaps Aliens: Dead Orbit

426Buddy

426Buddy

Special is a one shot issue containing a few short stories. The cover is great and the stories are dark.

I was going to say Dead Orbit also. Maybe Dust to Dust as well.

Corporal Hicks

Dead Orbit is definitely the most Alien one of late. Very recommended.

StrangeShape

Dead Orbit is the title I hear most often in the recommendations so definitelt looking forward to that obe

SM

SM

If you are a parent plagued with feelings of inadequacy - Survival is definitely pretty horrific.

StrangeShape

Sounds intriguing. Thanks!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SM on Jun 25, 2020, 11:25:12 PM
If you are a parent plagued with feelings of inadequacy - Survival is definitely pretty horrific.

I hear that! :laugh:

But yeah I like that one, pretty twisted.

SM

SM

I didn't really care for it when it was first released.

Fast forward 20 years and ooff...

426Buddy

426Buddy

I had sorta fallen off the collecting around that time. I  started collecting and getting back into the franchises after my son was born (almost 5 years ago). Thats when I picked Survival up, was pleasantly surprised.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Lovesick! I kid, I kid, it's scary for different reasons.

Music of the Spears is pretty solid.
Glass Corridor, a bit on the artsy side.
Fast Track to Heaven, the ending is kind of a let down but it's a pretty gorgeous ride getting there.
Dust to Dust is moody and visceral AF, from the unsettling point of view of a kid.
Aliens/More than Human, if you're into that classic Lovecraftian Weird horror trip
Apocalypse: The Destroying Angels, see Above /\
Tribes, ditto on the Lovecraftian, but with more of a ReAnimator/From Beyond vibe.

Bonus! If you can find old copies of the unfinished Dark Horse Magazine UK, Crusade is really tight, in a sacrilegious Castlevania feeling way, but it's only slightly offset by the facts that, firstly it was never finished, and secondly the comical over-abundance of bikini-clad shenanigans. But aside from that, all the St. Paul's Cathedral stuff is awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed