Peter Keyes

Started by EJA, May 08, 2020, 08:37:56 PM

Author
Peter Keyes (Read 5,038 times)

SM

SM

If they retcon it to South America - it'd be Chile I guess?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Or maybe near/in Brazil, because, well, the map in the film.  :P

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 11, 2020, 07:34:29 AM
For what it's worth I heard back from Andrew Gaska:

Haven't heard back yet on the Predator bible part.

Will be interesting what he comes back with, but we already know South America is the 2020 canon now.

• DUTCH: (Arnold Schwarzenegger) "The government can't be trusted. So I'll have to do this on my own. I'm cutting my treatment short, and going off the grid. I will make my way back to South America to Val Verde. I was told there were stories about demons who make trophies of man. I'd like to hear those stories."

• SEAN KEYES: (Jake Busey) "Director Peter Keyes, my father, was part of the OWLF in 1987, when first contact was made with the 'Predator' by a team of highly-trained special forces soldiers in South America. The Predator was disabled by the last surviving member of the team, triggering a powerful self-destruct mechanism. My father and his team interviewed the survivor extensively, while an OWLF survey team combed the blast area for any evidence."

The only question now I guess is why a Guatemalan Cabinet Minister and his Aid would be presented as so far away from their country. Drug trade, corruption and Val Verde's bribing of foreign nationals for their own interests I guess.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2020, 09:23:28 AM

I thought it would be somewhere closer to the equator.  Any further south and it may as well be Australia.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 11, 2020, 11:55:54 AM
The only question now I guess is why a Guatemalan Cabinet Minister and his Aid would be presented as so far away from their country. Drug trade, corruption and Val Verde's bribing of foreign nationals for their own interests I guess.

There was no cabinet minister. At least, that's the impression I always got even as a kid.

The chopper was not rolls for a VIP. Poncho says "It looks more like a surveillance bird to me."

Dutch later calls Dillon out on all of it being bullshit. "The cabinent minister, the whole business."

Mac says of the guy getting shot "Looks like our cabinet minister was CIA. Other guys who were axed were Russian Military advisors."

So any discrepancies in terms of the geography, at least in that sense, can be understood to be part of the fact that this was really some kind of a clandestine operation.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 11, 2020, 06:26:20 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 11, 2020, 11:55:54 AM

There was no cabinet minister. At least, that's the impression I always got even as a kid.

The chopper was not rolls for a VIP. Poncho says "It looks more like a surveillance bird to me."

Dutch later calls Dillon out on all of it being bullshit. "The cabinent minister, the whole business."

Mac says of the guy getting shot "Looks like our cabinet minister was CIA. Other guys who were axed were Russian Military advisors."

So any discrepancies in terms of the geography, at least in that sense, can be understood to be part of the fact that this was really some kind of a clandestine operation.

I know.  :)

I probably should have bolded the word "presented".  I meant if Val Verde is in South America, why was this the story that was presented to Dutch?

Perhaps the US has some sort of executive order to help the Guatemala militarily, and that was the closest country to Brazil that they could "legally" rope in, to manufacture the most legitimate sounding excuse for Dutch to invade those borders.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 11, 2020, 05:38:33 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2020, 09:23:28 AM

I thought it would be somewhere closer to the equator.  Any further south and it may as well be Australia.

It wouldn't stand a chance against the floods, bushfires and wild life.

SiL

SiL

They did hire an Aussie to film the beast. I like to think something of Australia's love of awful predatory animals allowed him to really capture the Predator's essence.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

The problem is that ever since the US aided in toppling the regime of President Arius in the mid-80's, Val Verde has had a litany of so-called governments,sometimes lead domestically, sometimes puppeteered from foreign nations. and every new revolutionary leader tries to claim new different territorial annexes as the birthright of the people. So pick a year and it's anybody's guess. Now the borders end inland.. now, the nation is coastal... now the territory is governed from the island holdings off of Corto Maltese...

It's a right mess down there and it always has been, this is why the great leaders of our nation have been petitioning for years to liberate the poor beleaguered peoples of Val Verde and it's neighboring nations to embrace a bold new future, bringing together our brothers and sisters both to the north and to the south, into a more perfect union of free peoples under one common flag, a "United Americas" if you will.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed