Review Score Predictions

Started by Adam802, Sep 25, 2014, 02:59:42 AM

Author
Review Score Predictions (Read 9,643 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 29, 2014, 08:42:24 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 29, 2014, 06:19:20 PM
Many gamers played ACM too.

I'm assuming the irony of your screen name is not lost on you.

What irony? It seems you don't know the military therm at all.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Was Winter not the protagonist of ACM? Were you not, perhaps, a bit invested (at one time) in one of the biggest flop games in years?

No shame in getting your hopes up for a good game like many of us did and being disappointed, but your attitude re: this game seems a bit sour grapes, is all I'm saying.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 30, 2014, 04:42:16 AM
Was Winter not the protagonist of ACM? Were you not, perhaps, a bit invested (at one time) in one of the biggest flop games in years?

No shame in getting your hopes up for a good game like many of us did and being disappointed, but your attitude re: this game seems a bit sour grapes, is all I'm saying.

That's been his name since before ACM, I believe.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 30, 2014, 04:42:16 AM

I partially did it for ACM. Way before we were allowed to see any "proper" ACM footage. It was shortly after the announce I believe and by that time I didn't have 1k posts so I was able to change my username whenever I wanted to. Then I passed 1k posts and I realized I can no longer change my name so I got stuck with this one. I don't mind it really. My nickname is Hicks since I was in the high school. I am Hicks in Steam, Evolve, Xfire, Playfire, Xbox Live (no longer active), etc. But here there was already an established user with that name and I prefer to use a unique name, rather than using *name123412412521* or *name____* and stuff like that. So yeah, you see where I am coming from.

In the end - choose your nickname wisely :D As I said, once you pass 1k posts you can no longer change it. I am not sure if the subscribers can do that after 1k posts though.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: newbeing on Sep 29, 2014, 08:03:26 PM
The fact that the review embargo ends on Friday kind of indicates that Sega and CA have confidence in their product. Maybe it won't get the best reviews, but it sounds like it will be miles better than A:CMs reception.

Where did you see that the embargo is lifted this Friday?

newbeing

newbeing

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/517388732325187584

QuoteFor those who are curious, I'm reviewing Alien: Isolation for @IGN, and the review will post on Friday at 6am PT/9am ET/Google your timezone

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: newbeing on Oct 02, 2014, 01:51:40 AM
https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/517388732325187584

QuoteFor those who are curious, I'm reviewing Alien: Isolation for @IGN, and the review will post on Friday at 6am PT/9am ET/Google your timezone

Awesome thanks!

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

If IGN is doing a review 4 days before the game is out, I would imagine SEGA has a lot of faith in the game and has nothing or little to fear.

313frog

313frog

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 02, 2014, 02:37:28 PM
If IGN is doing a review 4 days before the game is out, I would imagine SEGA has a lot of faith in the game and has nothing or little to fear.

This is what I was thinking. I remember when ACM was coming out I started to get worried when there were no reviews until the day of. Lifting the embargo this early is definitely a good sign!

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: 313frog on Oct 02, 2014, 03:44:10 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 02, 2014, 02:37:28 PM

This is what I was thinking. I remember when ACM was coming out I started to get worried when there were no reviews until the day of. Lifting the embargo this early is definitely a good sign!

When IGN played ACM. It was only the first level, which wasn't a BAD level, IMO. And, it was on PC. So, it was kinda misleading. Had they played the whole game, I would have said, "nope".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed