New AvP2 Pictures In ADI Book

Started by Darkness, Apr 21, 2007, 09:11:03 PM

Author
New AvP2 Pictures In ADI Book (Read 45,948 times)

SiL

SiL

It's actually quite a bit - And by that I mean a shitload and then some - different to the Aliens design, but it fits.

Crom

Crom

RIJOENPIAL wow, I've been reading your overly negative rants on here for a while now.  You come across as very stubborn and completely committed to your own ideas so I saw very little reason to engage you seeing you simply spout your opinion and have no real idea what's going on with the film.    However, you really seem to be reaching here and it's nice to see other fans calling you out.    This post is about pictures of the new designs and people are reacting to that plain and simple.  Because the reaction is positive you want to chastize them for not being true fans because you don't like the story?    That has nothing to do with it.  Fans can appreciate good art direction and design separately from the story.  I can't really stand the Star Wars prequels but the art direction is top notch.  I understand that great design and visuals don't make up for a crappy story but seeing the only leaked information given today was on the designs I think its fairly common sense that is what is on everyone's mind.

Vigilante360

Vigilante360

WOW! I really like the ridged-head design. Not sure about the light-green color though...I'm hoping the Aliens will be the characoal color again.  I can understand that some of the Alien fans will be against the ridged-head design and would want the Aliens to retain the "Giger" (which, as we all know IS the best design). however, the I believe the ridged-head design is just as menacing (if not, more) than the smooth-head design.  Maybe, there will be both ridged-head Aliens and smooth-head Aliens in AVP2.  To call the ridged-head design "crap" or "stupid" is your opinion. I have always liked that design and am glad Stan Winston/Jim Cameron decided to try that design in the first place.  As for the AVP2 Predator, well, I think the Predator design looks incredible. The pic of him in the sewers is too small to judge, but the lighting looks nice. I can't wait to see what the face looks like. I don't think we will be disappointed =)  The wait for a teaser or trailer is killing me!! I want to see some footage!!!  I have a feeling AVP2 will kick our ass!

Vigilante360

Vigilante360

Oh, in response to these new pics from the ADI book, Colin mentioned on the IMDB forums that "Survival of the Fittest" is NOT the title of the movie and that the title of the book needs to be changed.

Vigilante360

Vigilante360

Sorry for the spelling errors. I wish I could edit the comments.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Yay    ;D  

Yautja Thei-De

Yautja Thei-De

I watched Predator when i was 5 years old have been a fan every since. Dont ever say people lik eme are the reason these GREAT franchises have been ripped to shreds! I loathed, hated and despised the first movie more than anything because it took a great thing and made it sh*t. And you i am at a loss for words about you my last post sums up everything about you spending more time bashing this thing before you know jack sh*t about it all you have is negativity towards it. I DO CARE ABOUT THE STORY i honestly wish we had an AvP movie based off the original comic but i have to settle for what is given to us and you cannot deny that these 2 brothers have done a better job than Paul Anderson. And that can be said just looking at 3 pics of the film! And you are entitled to your opinion no matter how ignorant it may be. You speak of continuity so let me ask you this how many movies do you think can be made in the Alien franchise being based solely on a space or futuristic setting? These movies cant be made FOREVER which seems to be what you want perfect example of ignorance these films will be done one day until 30 years pass an someone remakes them. So if you truly were a fan you would stfu and be thankful we even get to see a sequel to that piece of trash given by Paul Anderson and thats all i have to say.

Predboy

Predboy

I completely agree with you. RIJOENPIAL you really need to shut up because you are trying to say that us REAL FANS are the reason why this franchise is falling apart when all we're doing is saying that you write negative comments and that we like the pics. Thats basically what we said and all of a sudden you come out and say we're the reason that the franchise is falling apart? Please, like this guy said, if you were a true fan you would be happy that this sequel is coming out at all. You are a true fan right?   ???   And you need to stop pinning the blame of Andersons failure on REAL FANS because all wer're doing is appreciating true art work on the creature costumes.

topman

topman

Pvt. Hicks im not saying that your not a real fan mate, its just that people think that by a couple of pics the movie is gonna rock! i mean come on! please dont tell me that some fans will believe anything that they are told! what i crave for is a good story!!!! is that really hard??? im just hoping that this is the movie to bring back the Aliens and Predator to LIFE!!! come on!!!!!

SiL

SiL

I like the lighting on the Alien. Design, not so much, but it's certainly pretty. And fitting, seeing as it comes from the sewers.

JaredK21

JaredK21

I think the alien is tan because it blends in well with the sewer environment. Look at the sewer the predator is in, and look at the alien. They both have that some mucky, gritty tan look. I love it.   Just like with every other alien movie, the aliens always blend in with their surroundings so they are very difficult to spot.   The directors are awesome for realizing this and making their aliens match perfectly with the look of the film.

Vlad

Vlad

I think it's very strange no one has noticed that the alien seems to have eyes... EYES!!! Isn't that shinny thing an eye???  That would kill the alien concept, mostly... Im sure Im not the only one who thinks they are 1000% more terrifying because of the lack of eyes...

SiL

SiL

Colin Strause just debunked you on the IMDb.  Also, if you look at the original production still you'll see that there are no eyes.

Crom

Crom

They most certainly don't have eyes in AvP2.

Psykorgasm

Psykorgasm

Back to old school Predator, I love it!    ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed